Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another one on the bandwagon

So after being one of those 'lurkers' for the past few weeks and reading past threads I feel I'm up to scratch on the ownership experience of an ISF and all the usual things associated with owning your first. 

Anyone know about this grey example on AT https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710250637403?advertising-location=at_cars&transmission=Automatic&postcode=ox266eq&model=IS F&page=1&make=LEXUS&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New

I know that as there only 200 or so in the UK that there's a chance one if you will know something about this one? Certainly as there are a couple of members from the south West. Wiltshire isn't officially south west in my book but worth a shot. 

@Kritter Hi Kristian welcome to the forum, this car hails from the Chippenham area and has been seen quite regularly by a member on here @Mark G it's not nor to the best of my knowledge been a forum members car and came onto the market only in the last week or so 

Theres a lot of knowledge on here fella so feel free to ask away 👍

Big Rat

Hi @Kritter, I have seen the car a number of times around Chippenham, never managed to speak to the owner so I cant really give you any info on the car unfortunately, my ISF is for sale at Lexus Cheltenham if you are interested.

Good luck with the search and keep us posted.

Of course it would help if they discovered the wonders of digital photography, they've had the car for sale for nearly 2 weeks and it still says 'Awaiting Images'.

@Flytvr Davi they are your new Bessie mates pop round and give them the benefit of your vast snapper skills 😁

Big Rat

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big Rat said:

Of course it would help if they discovered the wonders of digital photography, they've had the car for sale for nearly 2 weeks and it still says 'Awaiting Images'.

@Flytvr Davi they are your new Bessie mates pop round and give them the benefit of your vast snapper skills 😁

Big Rat

Really?? No photos, I haven't looked since I dropped it off.

5 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Big Rat

I’m not going up there. They have RCFs and I’m not to be tempted!!!!!!!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

I’m not going up there. They have RCFs and I’m not to be tempted!!!!!!!

@Flytvr Davi me old mate I'll come with you we can give each other mutual support to resist temptation.......... how much are they what colours have they got................ I know I know all the resistance of a wet paper bag 😊

🐀

8 hours ago, Mark G said:

Hi @Kritter, I have seen the car a number of times around Chippenham, never managed to speak to the owner so I cant really give you any info on the car unfortunately, my ISF is for sale at Lexus Cheltenham if you are interested.

Good luck with the search and keep us posted.

Excellent cheers @Mark G will do. The search continues...

What the cheapest an ISF has gone for? £5.5k has got to be close: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-ISF-5-0-V8-PETROL/282712567811?hash=item41d2fb7003:g:5p0AAOSwUM5Z7fy9

Think your old motor is over budget even with the best man maths in the world :dry:

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

I would imagine this is  the cheapest ISF - not at the suspicious £5.5k, but about £11k when it was up for sale a few weeks ago.

Why would someone buy this car, service it then try to flog it at such a loss? Or should it be 15.5k? 

19 minutes ago, Kritter said:

Why would someone buy this car, service it then try to flog it at such a loss? Or should it be 15.5k? 

Dunno.

There are a couple of ISF ads out there at the moment that don’t quite add up.

Going to have a look at this on the weekend:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710250637403?model=IS F&radius=1501&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=ox266eq&make=LEXUS&sort=datedesc&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&page=1

I have read most of the 'what to look for' threads on here so feel like I'm semi prepared. Hope it's in decent condition.

[mention=59702]Kritter[/mention] Good luck with that Kristian let us know how you get on [emoji106]
[emoji232]
Certainly will buddy. Must of re looked at the advert 20 times this afternoon... Patience isn't a strong point.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

@KritterKristian it’s exciting stuff don’t care what anyone says !

I had to drive 250 miles to see and buy mine longest journey time of my life !

The one your going to see the guys had her what is it 4 years that’s a good sign and a full history, if you’ve got any questions about what to look for fire away, I know you’ve been doing your home work on the threads just in case 👍

🐀

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:43 PM, Big Rat said:

@KritterKristian it’s exciting stuff don’t care what anyone says !

I had to drive 250 miles to see and buy mine longest journey time of my life !

The one your going to see the guys had her what is it 4 years that’s a good sign and a full history, if you’ve got any questions about what to look for fire away, I know you’ve been doing your home work on the threads just in case 👍

🐀

I feel lucky in that case with only 50 miles to cover, blagged a pal to give me a lift so I can pull the trigger there and then if I need to. 

I feel as ready as I can be. I've exhausted this forum for ISF knowledge, the USA owners club, PH and YouTube. Hopefully it's in good condition, correct paperwork etc. The seller appears to be a fellow petrol head, he's replaced the ISF with a Hyundai and an Aston Martin Vantage 👍

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links