Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Option

Lexus2D

I would have to check (it's the same on all Lexus models), but I seem to recall that one of the quick routes shows as green on the map and is meant to be the "greener option".

• Like 1

I recently found that I can set average speeds for different types of roads. Urban was set at 30 and nav was trying to take me via town centres.

I wondered what good average speeds would be.

Urban
Lanes
Motorway

It was set at 30 50 70 which is unrealistic.

I'd say more 10 40 55

This will effect the route calculation.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

I recently found that I can set average speeds for different types of roads. Urban was set at 30 and nav was trying to take me via town centres.

Urban
Lanes
Motorway

I'd say more 10 40 55

I think that your assumptions are about right, I used to do a comute which was a 75 mile round trip on A roads through the countryside with a little bit of town work . My average speed came out as 35mph week in week out. Prior to that, I had a 100 mile round trip commute which was on duel carriageways and motorways apart from about 4%. My average speed on my quickest days was 65mph and that was needle bending in the early hours of the morning on nearly deserted roads.

• Like 1

I don't think it will have any incidence on route calculation, in particular because lowest speed will remain "urban" and the highest will continue to be "motorway", but it should affect estimated time of travel/arrival time.

No speed camera alerts on 2011 model.

• Like 1

I don't think it will have any incidence on route calculation, in particular because lowest speed will remain "urban" and the highest will continue to be "motorway", but it should affect estimated time of travel/arrival time.
No speed camera alerts on 2011 model.

My issue was it was sending me via town centres as the satnav would 'think' I could average 30 whereas it's faster to go on a longer by pass in reality. Need to make urban speed slow enough to make the bypass length appear faster. It's very simple maths and will make a difference on which route is chosen. I could set it to 1mph for example. You can see that would have a big effect on the algorithm.

On 30/10/2017 at 5:48 PM, Comedian said:

Urban
Lanes
Motorway

I'd say more 10 40 55

My default is set as: 20, 40 and 60 which seems fine to me.

• Like 1