Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance Renewal Time

rayaans

So its insurance renewal time again! Currently on an Admiral Multicar policy which was £756 for the 2012 RX450h and IS300h. And I paid about £60 including the £25 admin fee to change over when I got my 4RX. Still waiting on renewal from Admiral

As Directline and Aviva can be done 60 days in advance, Ive done those and Directline is showing £1400 for the Multicar - £200 more if done separately. 

Confused.com is showing much higher for both at the moment.

And biggest joke of the day is Adrian Flux - "computer says £4000 for the RX" at which point I ran out of patience and put the phone down. Dreadful company to deal with and stupid prices.

The search continues......

• Like 1

Do you deal with any brokers or insurance companies through work? Or have dealings with any reputable brokers in a personal capacity?

I've had it with the likes of Admiral/Direct Line etc and their daft promotions and bewildering discounts. I may pay a touch more than if I spent my free time trawling the internet or on the phone but I know I'm getting something that fits, they're on the other end of the phone if I need them and don't have that silly dance at renewal. 

I deal with A-Plan brokers. I live in Preston, Lancs, but deal with my nearest branch which is in Wilmslow. I'm in my first year with them but they were great to deal with, very efficient, polite, quick and easy, and they also got me the best price too.

Highly recommended and got to be worth a try.

1 hour ago, rich1068 said:

Do you deal with any brokers or insurance companies through work? Or have dealings with any reputable brokers in a personal capacity?

I've had it with the likes of Admiral/Direct Line etc and their daft promotions and bewildering discounts. I may pay a touch more than if I spent my free time trawling the internet or on the phone but I know I'm getting something that fits, they're on the other end of the phone if I need them and don't have that silly dance at renewal. 

49 minutes ago, sorcerer said:

I deal with A-Plan brokers. I live in Preston, Lancs, but deal with my nearest branch which is in Wilmslow. I'm in my first year with them but they were great to deal with, very efficient, polite, quick and easy, and they also got me the best price too.

Highly recommended and got to be worth a try.

This has been the second year running with Admiral Multicar - the first time it was £701 but went up to £750 last year (the renewal was actually £840 but 5 mins of haggling got them down). They were the cheapest anyway, the next was double the price if going separate and just a tad under double if going for multicar.

So far Directline is saying £732 for the RX and Aviva has £572 for the IS. I like that Directline has a guaranteed courtesy car even if you use your own repairer.

I did try A-plan but they said they were unable to compete with Directline and Admiral. 

Im still waiting until tomorrow to be able to go through comparethemarket.com, Go Compare and Money supermarket. For some reason, they're a day behind confused.com

21 hours ago, rich1068 said:

If we're naming firms you might as well have a punt with my broker. IFM Insurance in Sheffield and ask to speak to Jessica Robinson.

I'll give them a go. I still need to ring Chris Knot as well. I was with them for 2 years until 2015 - both cars until their underwriters changed and hiked the prices up. Will give them a ring on Thurs.

As it stands - £698 for the RX450h from Privilege. Excess £600. And £572 for the IS300h from Aviva with £550 excess so about £1270 in total. Thats over £400 more than I paid last year. 

I'll have to wait for the renewal is well - I realize the IPT has gone up but I dont expect the renewal to go up by £400! Im guessing my renewal will be £950 for both vehicles.

On 10/31/2017 at 7:55 PM, colin79666 said:

Have a look at Quote Me Happy. Its part of Aviva but online only so usually about 10% cheaper - do multicar discounts as well.

They did show up on the comparison sites but were still about £900 and they won't insure the IS for some reason. 

I'm with Admiral....multicar....plus two daughters..I usually do my homework..ring them back and they mysteriously match it. Have done for years.

Strangely my wifes Mini never made it into their equation and is always cheaper elsewhere.

Its just a right pain as the renewal is outrageous and they always chop off hundreds when I ring. Why not just give the best quote....bangs head !!! 

12 hours ago, doog442 said:

I'm with Admiral....multicar....plus two daughters..I usually do my homework..ring them back and they mysteriously match it. Have done for years.

I just won't play that game any more. Shysters, the lot of them :biggrin:

17 hours ago, doog442 said:

Strangely my wifes Mini never made it into their equation and is always cheaper elsewhere.

Its just a right pain as the renewal is outrageous and they always chop off hundreds when I ring. Why not just give the best quote....bangs head !!! 

Its because Admiral has an auto-renew system. Some people forget and end up paying hundreds more. I also always ring and they take it down by atleast £100. 

On a side note, Chris Knott said they can beat both quotes for the RX and IS and match the excesses. So its £675 for the RX and £530 for the IS at the minute. I did say my renewal hasn't come through yet and I expect it to be around the £800-900 mark. They said they'll beat it if they can justify the quote.

Update - Surprise surprise, Admiral renewal came through today. For some reason they said I paid £871 last year - which I didn't - i paid exactly £756 + £63 to change my car over mid term.

Their renewal quote is £1401 - almost double what I paid last year. Im going to ring and see how they justify that because AFAIK the IPT only went up by 2% since the last time I bought insurance so a 40% hike? BS!

4 hours ago, rayaans said:

Update - Surprise surprise, Admiral renewal came through today. For some reason they said I paid £871 last year - which I didn't - i paid exactly £756 + £63 to change my car over mid term.

Their renewal quote is £1401 - almost double what I paid last year. Im going to ring and see how they justify that because AFAIK the IPT only went up by 2% since the last time I bought insurance so a 40% hike? BS!

Dont know why I can't edit my post but anyway - I rang Admiral who "applied a full discount" to get the price down to £1066 for both vehicles. As soon as I got that on email - Chris Knott were given a ring and they said they'll do it for £1000 altogether with same excesses.

Seen as though I have a free weekend - Admiral is getting called tomorrow to see if they can match it so I dont have the hassle of supplying copies of each quote, driving license (both paper and counterpart), License checks etc. 

If not, Chris Knott it is - the policy itself is with Equity Red Star - never heard of them but I claimed on the IS when wife went into garage door in 2015 and they were nothing short of exemplary - my wife's car was fixed in a week at a repair centre of my choice and I didn't actually pay any excesses!