Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Strange issue with keyless locking and fobs

Hi, so over the past days I've had this reoccurring issue, it affects both of my key fobs and I have put new batteries in each to no avail.  Sometimes when I try to get into the car with the key in my pocket it wont open via the keyless entry, but if I take out the fob and hold it against the window the red light flashes and I can then put my fingers on the handle and it will work.  Likewise sometimes when I get out the car and tap the black button on the handle to lock it nothing happens, if I try holding the key to the window as above and trying when it flashes the car instead beeps at me and refuses to lock (have to use the physical key).

Any ideas? :S

Thanks

Earlier in the year i dropped my wife of at the hairdressers walked her round to the shop came back and a mercedes was parked near my car i got in but car would not start no matter what i got my son to pickme up to get my spare keywhilst i was waiting the lady  came got in the merc and went

as i was sat there i tried key and it worked thought no more fortnight later same thing happened same mercedes she also uses same hairdressers

following week wife was talking to the lady in hairdressers and she said she as had a tracker and a perimeter gizmo fitted  to stop people getting the code to steal her car from then on i never parked near her car again and the problem never reoccured