Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Central locking intermittently forgets?

I have an odd problem. Every few days, when I go to unlock the car with the keyfob, it doesn't work - the car doesn't seem to receive the signal. I then have to unlock it with the door lock, which sets the alarm off but relocking and unlocking again usually stops the alarm?

I've tried a new Battery in the keyfob, so:

1. Does anybody have an idea why it is losing sync with the keyfob?

2. If the alarm can be disabled by locking/unlocking with the key, why does unlocking it with key set it off in the first place?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I can't offer a solution Nige but spooky you should post this because it's happened to me a couple of times recently. New Battery too. A Google of "is300 remote unlock problem" throws up some interesting solutions and proves it's not just us!

Interesting that somebody mentions it could be the car Battery - mine has gone flat a few times recently, although when it refuses to unlock the car, it still starts OK. Maybe I should treat myself to a new car Battery and see if that helps...

Once the alarm is reset it seems to work fine again, so I don't think it's anything physical.

I'll let you know if I get anywhere with it. At the moment I'm locking the car with the door button - it's too embarrassing when the alarm goes off at work!  :unsure:

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem for months, I checked every fuse, stripped dome light, Battery is new and a lot more powerful than standard. Couldn't figure it out. All I know is, at the moment my boot light isn't working, but central locking is fine now. I do have 2 amps running off my Battery, but not sure if this should cause me that problem.