Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cancelling home from my Sat Nav (UK)

I'm selling my 2014 Lexus CT hybrid.  Before I get rid of it I want to delete the 'home' location from my Sat Nav.  How do I set about doing this as it's not immediately obvious (to me anyway!)?  All suggestions will be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Alan

• Thanks 1

On my Premium Nav one would select Menu-Nav-My Memory-Home then select delete from the options.

Personally I would also delete all personal data by using the Menu-General Settings-Delete Personal Data

• 2 years later...

It is never a good idea to put home in as a destination. You can put a point near your home as a home destination.
The reason is if you are out, and about, and someone pick pockets your keys or clones your fob on a car park "having seen your car" or by some other nefarious means they not only have control of your car, but can drive, and be guided to your house knowing it is unlikely there is anyone in.

John. 

21 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Surely one knows one's own town? One shouldn't need guidance to one's own doorstep!

I programmed my local Police station as "Home" 😁

I think this is more a thing of convenience where if your in an area you do not know, and wish to get home. Just pressing the talk button and saying home gives you instant guidance. Obviously you suspend guidance once you know where your going.
I like the idea of the police station.

John.

• Like 1

Indeed, in the past I've been careful about never putting "home" in as a saved location. 

On the Tesla, however, I have no choice as it's actually the address tied to my Tesla Account. However, as Britprius said, it's very useful using the "navigate home" command, even on my regular commute because it will show if the traffic is backed up in certain spots and which route will be fastest. I usually cancel the navigation right after, but it's a useful way to not get snarled up in gridlock. 

• 2 weeks later...