Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My RR-Racing Supercharger Build

Hi All,

Forgot to upload the dyno results from the last run we did before the supercharger was added. This was achieved with PPE headers, H&S exhaust, RR-Racing tuned intake and suitable remap of the ECU.

8A11AA19-D3B1-4C1E-82F9-C1F87C343E4A.jpeg

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

So Friday tomorrow. I bet you’ll struggle to sleep tonight 😀

Love to hear what it sounds like.

Is it?! Hadn’t noticed! Lol. :whistling::yahoo:

I’ll sleep, need all my senses to be tip top!!

Honestly doesn’t sound that different to before, you get the hiss of the blow-off valves when you’ve built some boost (remember it only goes to 0.5bar, which is nothing really!), but otherwise it’s pretty quiet.....

I’m loving that though, will be easier to catch out some exotics! Lol. :yes::lol:

• Like 2

So after my second outing, it’s official...... I need wider tyres! Lol. :yes:

Seen more of the traction control light tonight than I have in the last 3/4yrs of ownership! :wink3:

Think the mechanical LSD will also help tame the beast! 

Better start playing the lottery! :thumbup:

• Like 2

@Peter P18 Yes mate it’s back in the day when some ads were amusing and now they are all irritating, anyway clearly you are enjoying your self with the ‘beast’ I’m guessing there are going to be a number of things you are going to discover as time goes on.

The fuel tank being the size of a thimble is one 😏

But in the broader sceme  of things you int arf  getting a lot of bang for your buck, I was behind a Nissan GTR today a couple of years old clearly been modified  he wasn’t finding it easy shaking off my fully laden transit I may add.

So i quickly did the sums in comparison between you and him not the obvious one mind you I was thinking of more of along the of ongoing maintenance and so on  running a GTR is huge whereas yours I’m guessing is not really going to much more than a bogo ISF...... am I right ?

🐀

Hey Big Rat,

Indeed, my running costs will hardly change, may get an additional oil change each year for added peace of mind, but otherwise it’s bus as usual. :smile:

The mechanical LSD and bigger wheels and tyres will certainly help get the power down, something this colder weather is highlighting as a weakness at present! :wink3:

The supercharger itself is only running at 0.5bar boost, hardly anything in other words. The added oil and gearbox coolers are keeping operating temperatures nice and low, so won’t have issues there either.

Acceleration from around 70mph is incredible, honestly don’t think many cars would keep up. The fact my boost is instant versus the turbo cars means you just take off, literally! Lol.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Peter P18 said:

Hey Big Rat,

Indeed, my running costs will hardly change, may get an additional oil change each year for added peace of mind, but otherwise it’s bus as usual. :smile:

The mechanical LSD and bigger wheels and tyres will certainly help get the power down, something this colder weather is highlighting as a weakness at present! :wink3:

The supercharger itself is only running at 0.5bar boost, hardly anything in other words. The added oil and gearbox coolers are keeping operating temperatures nice and low, so won’t have issues there either.

Acceleration from around 70mph is incredible, honestly don’t think many cars would keep up. The fact my boost is instant versus the turbo cars means you just take off, literally! Lol.

@Peter P18 Nowt worse than frustrating turbo lag, lots of manufacturers switching from Blowers to turbos chasing the the low co2 figures.

You considered wheels/ tyre set up perhaps from RCF give you 255 front 275 rear or do you need bigger.

Plenty of pics online of isF with RCF wheels..........

0F9FC113-7328-449D-9B9D-6317ACF7B5C4.jpeg.c904839fd7bdf8efb5bd333714c4bbfc.jpeg

Big Rat

Personally I don't think 275's are enough, I've got 275's on OEM wheels and they loose traction on 1st-2nd gear 

305's seem to be a nice size to go  :rolleyes: like that car on CL posted on your last thread. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Defratos said:

Personally I don't think 275's are enough, I've got 275's on OEM wheels and they loose traction on 1st-2nd gear 

305's seem to be a nice size to go  :rolleyes: like that car on CL posted on your last thread. 

This, I have 275’s on the rear at the moment, not working! Lol. :lol1:

Hoping we can get the 305’s out back, with 265’s at the front.

I’ve messaged Ken from the States, plus working with CCW. They do stunning custom wheels. :thumbup1:

@Peter P18Ah right I see well just have to find the right fitment with regards to traction in the dry but not dismissing aqua planning in the wet, with the obvious consideration of wheel arches and arch lining fouling, still nice first world problems to solve 😁

🐀

1 hour ago, Peter P18 said:

Hoping we can get the 305’s out back, with 265’s at the front.

I’ve messaged Ken from the States, plus working with CCW. They do stunning custom wheels. :thumbup1:

Nice please keep us updated on what you manage to get your hands on 

16 hours ago, Comedian said:

More rubber or softer rubber or both - or 50kg of slabs in the boot. 

May be worth looking at softer compounds also, particularly if your milage ain't massive.  Got to be cheaper than custom wheels and may handle a lot better too.  I've had R888 tyres and the grip when warm is exceptional.  Not too sure about using tyres like that this time of year though.

Maybe look at bigger wheels!!lol

On 25/11/2017 at 1:09 PM, Peter P18 said:

I just called Michelin to ask about temperatures. They said the pilot super sport won't work below 7 degrees ambient being a summer tyre (You probably knew this already but I wanted an exact number off them)  So it's worth calling your tyre brand customer service and checking temps, before writing them off at this time of year. Can you recall what temps were when you tested? 

27 minutes ago, Comedian said:

I just called Michelin to ask about temperatures. They said the pilot super sport won't work below 7 degrees ambient being a summer tyre (You probably knew this already but I wanted an exact number off them)  So it's worth calling your tyre brand customer service and checking temps, before writing them off at this time of year. Can you recall what temps were when you tested? 

Thanks Sean.

It's below 7 degrees, that much I know! Think the night drives I've been doing are between 1-3 degrees, maybe 4 at best.......

I'm sure they will work better in the Summer, but still think I need more meat to tame the beast!

I've already adapted my driving style to factor in the added power and possibility of lighting up the tyres, but still seeing the traction control light up at least once per drive! :wink3:

• 5 months later...

Just read this thread fully, catching up on posts since I sold my ISF last year. 

Looks like a cracking build with a decent bump in performance. What is it like to drive in the semi decent weather which we seem to be having at the moment? 

Would love to see some performance figures compared to a stock ISF.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, GibletPH said:

Just read this thread fully, catching up on posts since I sold my ISF last year. 

Looks like a cracking build with a decent bump in performance. What is it like to drive in the semi decent weather which we seem to be having at the moment? 

Would love to see some performance figures compared to a stock ISF.

Hey Gib,

Thanks for this. It is a very decent bump in performance. Not cheap, but I honestly feel the difference is night and day. Hopefully I will have a chance at some point to take part in some sort of trial which would allow direct comparison between a stock IS-F and my car. I know Banzai were looking at getting a few cars together for something along these lines, so would be fun to see how it stacks up in it's current guise.

Driving is very nice in fair weather (not so much in the wet!). You can still drive sensibly with minimal difference in the MPG return provided you aren't using the supercharger all the time! 8th gear at 80 or so is hardly any different. If you kick down in sports mode and find the sweet spot with the rev's, not many things can keep up (including GTR's). Traction is an issue, hence my desire to get the OS Giken LSD and some wider wheels and tyres. Should help to lay the power down from launch, and maintain it at the top end where I have also had some issues in the past!

Will of course share any stats if and when I do them. Should be a noticeable improvement with most things (0-60, 0-100, top speed).

Hope to see you back where you belong with a new IS-F soon!

Cheers,

Pete :smile:

• Like 3

Sounds like an absolute hoot, should be even more fun with a LSD and wider wheels and tyres.

Hopefully I’ll see it at a meet or two once I’ve bought my next ISF.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links