Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

@kellogsj Best car I've owned!

This silver one is my 2nd consecutive 250 F-Sport and my 3rd Lexus in a row. I had a 2010 one with the older-style headlights and bumper before this but that was written-off. It had more equipment (memory seats, Mark Levinson etc), but I prefer how the newer cars look, and drive tbh. This one feels like the steering/handling is a bit sharper. 

Not changed my plugs yet (currently only on 44K miles), but I'll probably get them changed next year as I'll have covered closer to 50K when the next service is due. Might actually try doing them myself. Will probably do something with the brakes too as I'm still on the original discs & pads.

• Like 2

Only ever used shell nitro on the 250. It has all the additives needed to keep the system clean and the added bonus of 99 Ron which the 250 seems to love. It really does perform better on high octane  petrol in my opinion due to the engines high compression ratio. 

I've tried shell v-power. I couldn't tell the difference to be honest. I suppose everyone has there own preferences.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

[mention=59316]kellogsj[/mention] Best car I've owned!
This silver one is my 2nd consecutive 250 F-Sport and my 3rd Lexus in a row. I had a 2010 one with the older-style headlights and bumper before this but that was written-off. It had more equipment (memory seats, Mark Levinson etc), but I prefer how the newer cars look, and drive tbh. This one feels like the steering/handling is a bit sharper. 
Not changed my plugs yet (currently only on 44K miles), but I'll probably get them changed next year as I'll have covered closer to 50K when the next service is due. Might actually try doing them myself. Will probably do something with the brakes too as I'm still on the original discs & pads.

I got mine serviced last Saturday including plugs. I'm at 52k. It's a pain in the arse trying to get the 3 plugs out on passenger side. The inlet manifold had to come off. Millions of nuts and bolts too. A bit long winded the mechanic said. Well worth it though. I don't know much about cars as I've never driven anything else. I couldn't drive anything else. My next one will be a GS450h F-sport.

• Like 2

Agree with Rebecca, the is250 always seemed more responsive on the shell v power.

I think v-power is only for high performance cars. However there's a couple of lads on the other forum who have ISF and GSF who just use normal standard shell or BP.

I have an optional extra of "fuel additive" on my Vantage service plan £15 a go, hmmmmmmm, either utter bol*o*ks and blatant snake oil profiteering or perhaps Toyota think its necessary LOL. In my humble opinion it would be free and part of the service if it was genuinely a requirement

• 8 months later...

Miller's power eco fuel additive. One bottle does 10 tanks. Miller's oils have a great reputation. I've used it for years.

As for premium fuels....it's a con.

All fuels in the UK have to meet set bsi /en standards.

I will also make a point. We all know petrol goes off when stood.

So think about this...

How many people in a week / month buy the branded super stuff against the cheaper normal fuel save stuff? How often are the petrol stations tank replenished ?

Then look at your big supermarket. If it's remotely as busy as my local shopping centre, then they likely have 2-3-4 deliveries a week.

So who's fuel is freshest ? Who's petrol has the most pop as it's constantly being replenished.

Who's fuel has less time to accumulate moisture / condensation in the tanks

I've tried the branded super fuels....

And for years I've stuck to Sainsbury's squirt.

And if you want the high end additives package then look at a 5 litre can off the net of miller's.

It brings the cost down to about a third of a penny per ml of additive per litre of petrol or diesel for the extra high end additives package...

And for the people running diesels. So you think the HGVs thumping up and down the motorways run premium diesel ? Think again. It's the cheapest squirt a haulier can order in bulk.

The difference is the HGV engines working hard. And that's the problem with euro 5 car diesels.... They need a good pasting all the time to keep everything clean and journeys of upwards of 50 miles minimum. But driving a modern car diesel like you've stole it hammers the fuel economy... Hammers your tires as your putting the equivalent torque of a V8 through them constantly and obviously the mechanical stresses to the dreaded dual mass flywheel...

Just think about it....!!!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...