Jules640

SatNav Miles Setting

Recommended Posts

I haven't used my satnav for directions until today but I have noticed that it shows junctions and turnings etc in km and metres rather than miles and yards. Does anyone know how to change this? This is probably the same for any Lexus model with the premium navigation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

You could try Menu-Setup-General, then select the Units of Measurement option (#7 in the list)?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you know if the Sat Nav is the same in the LC500 as other Lexus cars? Was hoping they may have given it a make over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

You could try Menu-Setup-General, then select the Units of Measurement option (#7 in the list)?

Thanks, I had already checked that and it is set to miles. I think that is for the speedo and the trip computer. I can't find anything to change the satnav settings. It shows the total distance in miles, it is just the directions that show in metres and kilometres.

15 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe the Sat Nav in an updated version but I have not had a Lexus before and so I do not know what has changed from previously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might be tempted to restore the unit to factory defaults i.e. reset all info?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Martin F said:

Do you know if the Sat Nav is the same in the LC500 as other Lexus cars? Was hoping they may have given it a make over. 

Yes, its a completely different nav system. All the graphics are updated etc.

On my RX there's settings which you can access through the Navigation screen which changes the units and also one in the speedo so may be worth checking both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Yes, its a completely different nav system. All the graphics are updated etc.

On my RX there's settings which you can access through the Navigation screen which changes the units and also one in the speedo so may be worth checking both.

Thanks, I will try that. I have looked in the manual and I can't see anything there.

Does the distance to junctions etc show in miles and yards in your RX?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Jules640 said:

Thanks, I will try that. I have looked in the manual and I can't see anything there.

Does the distance to junctions etc show in miles and yards in your RX?

Yes, it shows in miles. And the lady in the screen says "After 200 yards, turn left"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try the Navigation Manual Page 56.

You can set the units of measurement via the Remote Touch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

Try the Navigation Manual Page 56.

You can set the units of measurement via the Remote Touch.

 

22 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

You could try Menu-Setup-General, then select the Units of Measurement option (#7 in the list)?

 

 

7 hours ago, Jules640 said:

Thanks, I had already checked that and it is set to miles. I think that is for the speedo and the trip computer. I can't find anything to change the satnav settings. It shows the total distance in miles, it is just the directions that show in metres and kilometres.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, malcolmw said:

Try the Navigation Manual Page 56.

You can set the units of measurement via the Remote Touch.

Thanks, that was the first place I looked.

I have come to the conclusion that it can't be changed. I wonder if it is a bug in the new version, that shows both miles and km/m the Sat Nav.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have found out that there is a software update for the navigation which fixes some bugs and so hopefully this is one of them.

I just need to get the car booked in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took my car in for the software upgrade today and it has fixed the problem with the SatNav showing distances correctly. It is all in miles and yards now.  

It was done under warranty and apparently Lexus are aware of a few issues and so they have issued a multimedia software upgrade.

For anyone else who has got one of the first LC500s, this is available free of charge. It took about an hour. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i will have to have a look at mine,  if and when i get it back to see if it is showing KM or miles, its been at Lexus for over a week , they can't seem to sort out the alarm, they are having to take out the back seat to get to the alarm ECU, and  they may even  have to strip the interior out of the car to replace all the windows as apparently the glass breakage sensors are now built into the glass rather than attached to it. iam not very happy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's awful. Good luck.

I heard there was an LC update as I asked for them to check my car. He said 'no there isn't an update but there is one for the LC' why he told me that I have no idea. But now I know what it was for.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wendle said:

i will have to have a look at mine,  if and when i get it back to see if it is showing KM or miles, its been at Lexus for over a week , they can't seem to sort out the alarm, they are having to take out the back seat to get to the alarm ECU, and  they may even  have to strip the interior out of the car to replace all the windows as apparently the glass breakage sensors are now built into the glass rather than attached to it. iam not very happy

That’s terrible, I wouldn’t be very happy either. If they take out all the interior that’s a major job. I hope you don’t have any squeaks or rattles afterwards. Why do they need to replace the glass? I have noticed something in the small rear side windows that looks like an antenna. It’s hard to see due to the privacy glass, maybe that is the sensor? 

I hope you get it fixed soon. I haven’t had any issues with the alarm on mine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jules640 said:

That’s terrible, I wouldn’t be very happy either. If they take out all the interior that’s a major job. I hope you don’t have any squeaks or rattles afterwards. Why do they need to replace the glass? I have noticed something in the small rear side windows that looks like an antenna. It’s hard to see due to the privacy glass, maybe that is the sensor? 

I hope you get it fixed soon. I haven’t had any issues with the alarm on mine. 

the glass breakage sensors are built into the glass on the LC, on all the other models they are fixed separately onto the glass, i have raised my concern about rattles and squeaks, they have there top technician working on the car, even so ill just keep taking it back if i hear the slightest noise, should hopefully hear something by the end of the week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2017 at 10:49 PM, wendle said:

the glass breakage sensors are built into the glass on the LC, on all the other models they are fixed separately onto the glass, i have raised my concern about rattles and squeaks, they have there top technician working on the car, even so ill just keep taking it back if i hear the slightest noise, should hopefully hear something by the end of the week

Have you heard anymore on your car? Have you got it back yet?

If there is that much work to do to correct the problem, I would be tempted to ask them to take it back and supply you with another car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, Id be wanting another car if its that big a job - or certainly free servicing. MOT, extended warranty for 5 years atleast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/12/2017 at 4:29 PM, Jules640 said:

Have you heard anymore on your car? Have you got it back yet?

If there is that much work to do to correct the problem, I would be tempted to ask them to take it back and supply you with another car.

No i haven't heard anything since last Friday,  iam getting really fed up now, its unlike then not to at least give me a update, the last I heard they were going to look at the ECU that controls the Alarm. i will give them a chance to put it right first and see what they end up doing but if iam not happy with the car when i get it back then ill decide what iam going to do. i will expect some sort of compensation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope you get some better news this week. I am not using mine much at the moment due to the snow and ice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rang them today, they are waiting on Lexus technical to tell them what to do next, apparently the alarm has not go off in the past 12 days they have had it, but that's not unusual as I left the car for 2 weeks when I went away and it didn't go off. I emailed Lexus UK and told them of my concerns, so we will see what they say, like you I wouldn't of used the car a couple of days this week due to the bad weather, but at least it would be nice to have the option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now