Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New To Lexus Ownership

Nigelcasey

Welcome :thumbsup:

Positive - reliability, refinement, nice-looking (especially F-Sport) and in your case the economy will be decent. Excellent customer service from dealerships in general.

Negative - You'll probably have to explain what it is quite often. Servicing can be a bit pricey, plus it's annual regardless of mileage covered.

A lot of people seem to stay with the brand and replace a Lexus with another Lexus. Just a really nice car to own, really. :smile:

• Like 1

Welcome

You have something different and utterly reliable so you won't lose any sleep in that respect. 

I'm not sure about negatives. I guess once the pink cloud of new ownership dissipates you might find a few issues..but I'm not really sure what.:wink3:

Hello and welcome to the forum. [emoji3]
I'm currently on my third Lexus vehicle and would never consider purchasing any other brand.
There is nothing like driving a Lexus [emoji11]

I've only ever driven 2 cars. Both 250's brilliant cars. Wouldn't consider any other make.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the welcome. I really appreciate it. You are a good bunch.

I’m really looking forward to picking it up.

Can anyone tell me if the hybrid unit needs any additional servicing on top of that which is required by the rest of the car?

Would you recommend an extended warranty?

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome. I really appreciate it. You are a good bunch.
 I’m really looking forward to picking it up.
Can anyone tell me if the hybrid unit needs any additional servicing on top of that which is required by the rest of the car?
Would you recommend an extended warranty?

Lexus are known for reliability, so I'd have a think before you commit to an extended warranty. However with it being hybrid technology you might be advised to take one out. I'm sure someone on here could give you more info. What reg is it?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Hi Nigel, congratulations I wish you lot of happy miles with your Lexus. Please do not hesitate to add more details about your car and we are happy to see any pictures as well. 

My story started from CT200h which I bought in 2016 - overall very nice car for city commute, but I wanted something more from Lexus... 

So few weeks ago I picked up my new bad boy 17reg IS300h (picture below). Same day had quite long motorway run and I was pleased with everything: how I feel inside and how car drives. Since I sat in the car at dealers and still until now I have kind of butterflies in my stomach when I`m driving this car in fact I just love it! All interior materials been done with hi quality finish, ultra modern design, durability and that car is build by professionals you will feel any single time when you will drive it. In my opinion huge step forward been updated multimedia system and display console. Car acceleration is quite impressive, off course you won`t be able to outrun petrol beasts like M`s or AMG`s, but believe me it`s more than enough for UK roads! I couldn`t find any irritating at all apart of some small bits with which you can live with and can be sorted pressing extra buttons. So I don`t really have nothing to add negative only positive. I`m not sure about your budget, but be prepared that service costs is a bit hi, but you get all service on top level. My politics is very simple: if I was able to buy car I will be able to service it only at Lexus and even if I know I can get tyre cheaper fitted somewhere else, I won`t do it because I will better pay few quid more, but will get that peace in my mind car been serviced and touched only by Lexus dealership.

lexxxx.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/17/2017 at 10:10 AM, malcolmw said:

Great colour on a great car.

Also, what a great car park! Walkway spaces between the cars so you can open your doors. Where is it?

Malcom it's in Costco Wembley. I think each Costco have these gaps between cars in parking spaces and I do agree it's very cool.

• 1 month later...

Well I’ve had my IS 300 F Sport leather and p nav for 2 months now. Really enjoying the drive. DAB radio sounds great, but I want to know if there is a sub woofer and who manufactures it?

The car gets admiring glances, not surprising as it is a looker in Satin Silver. Yes I’m pretty pleased with it.

it is reasonably quick and corners very well.

I think that the driver seat moving back and stearing wheel moving upwards when you get out and when you put the seatbelt on and start up it’s cool when they move forward and down. Them there is the instrument panel that moves, how cool is that.

I’m very impressed at the moment.

12 hours ago, Nigelcasey said:

Well I’ve had my IS 300 F Sport leather and p nav for 2 months now. Really enjoying the drive. DAB radio sounds great, but I want to know if there is a sub woofer and who manufactures it?

The car gets admiring glances, not surprising as it is a looker in Satin Silver. Yes I’m pretty pleased with it.

I think that the driver seat moving back and stearing wheel moving upwards when you get out and when you put the seatbelt on and start up it’s cool when they move forward and down. Them there is the instrument panel that moves, how cool is that.

Nice choice. Looks good in silver and very rare on an F Sport

As per earlier questions, if not servicing by Lexus dealerships, you would nee a hybrid health check for £59 I think and it gives you 1 year additional hybrid drivetrain cover

If servicing using Lexus they do it anyway so you wouldn't need it done separately.  

These cars hardly ever go wrong but if they do the bills are high so it's up to you on whether you want the extended warranty or not (one caveat is you need to get its serviced by Lexus for the extended warranty to remain valid)

If you have Premium Nav, the subwoofer is on the rear parcel shelf behind the back seat headrests. It is manufactured by Pioneer, as are all the speakers in the car

My wife's has hers 2 years now but is 4 years old. It's only done 15k as its a bit of a garage queen and likes being kept clean! Nothings gone wrong in that time though. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am however a bit disappointed with mpg, admittedly I am not driving it like a granny, but I expected better than 32mpg.

2 hours ago, Nigelcasey said:

I am however a bit disappointed with mpg, admittedly I am not driving it like a granny, but I expected better than 32mpg.

Sounds like short trips or town driving with lots of stop and start where the engines not fully warm so stays on. 

Cold weather won't help either.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links