Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which to choose

Some of you will have seen from my posts in other sections, that I am currently undecided whether to go for the 3rd gen RX450h or the NX.  I have driven the NX and I do like the car very much, I think that the look of the exterior and interior of the NX is better than the RX but as I say, I am only going by photographs of the RX and so may change my mind when I get to sit in one.

My question to you fellow members who are NX owners is, if I eventually choose to buy one, should I go for the Luxury or the F Sport model.  I have heard said that there is a difference in the ride but, is there really that much of a difference.  I find the interior of the F Sport very appealing.

I have the Premier IS300h at the moment and do like all of the bells and whistles but, I can't afford to go to the Premier version of the NX.

Any comments will be gratefully recieved.  Thank you

4 hours ago, bluenose1940 said:

Some of you will have seen from my posts in other sections, that I am currently undecided whether to go for the 3rd gen RX450h or the NX.  I have driven the NX and I do like the car very much, I think that the look of the exterior and interior of the NX is better than the RX but as I say, I am only going by photographs of the RX and so may change my mind when I get to sit in one.

My question to you fellow members who are NX owners is, if I eventually choose to buy one, should I go for the Luxury or the F Sport model.  I have heard said that there is a difference in the ride but, is there really that much of a difference.  I find the interior of the F Sport very appealing.

I have the Premier IS300h at the moment and do like all of the bells and whistles but, I can't afford to go to the Premier version of the NX.

Any comments will be gratefully recieved.  Thank you

I'd be going for the F-Sport. Has a tighter ride and less vibrations compared to the Luxury. Some previous owners have actually said its better than a Premier - Looking at @Bodmeister here

Having said that, 3RX all the way, and many owners would agree. The class of the RX is a step above and if they're the same price, its a bit of a no brainer

It is entirely subjective. Drive all of them! The NX Premier had all the toys when I ordered ( the F -Sport did not have the Premier pack at that point.). I preferred the F sport as the Premier was a bit “spongey”. I can’t really describe it as it was a personal preference.

Drive of all them and make a final decision.......... Happy shopping 😀😀😀😀

I had an NX for 24 hours when my IS300H Premier was in for service and whilst the looks andinterior appealed there was not enough of a difference to warrant a change particularly as the ride was in my opinion worse over rough surfaces. I could feel the vibration through the seat. I really wanted to like the car more than I did and very nearly went for a 3 month old Premier as I couldnt really afford the gen 4 RX (not keen on the gen 3 RX) However after a 10 minute drive of the RX I ended up with an RX450H FSport with rose interior. There is a huge difference  between the 4RX and NX and I would certainly suggest a gen 3 RX would be the way to go. However you do get used to the car you end up with as I found when going from a gen 2 RX to a CT, so if you do decide on a newer NX I am sure you will enjoy it. I do think you will miss your IS300 though

2 hours ago, bluenose1940 said:

The Sonic Titanium/Beige Premier looks in good nick overall. However, the wheel nuts have rusted so evidence of some heavy chemicals being used there. I know its subjective but I hate that colour - every Lexus I see is the same colour nowadays. Additionally, at the price its at, Id take a 3RX

The Grey F-Sport is filthy and its at Evans Halshaw!! They will give you a rubbish P/X price and £100 off list with a £99 admin fee lol. However, it does have the premium nav and is a decent spec.

The Red F-Sport looks OK overall although has scratches on the interior on and near the glovebox. There aren't any carpet mats in the pics so I would check that these are present. Also, the screen looks like it may have had some of its coating rubbed off and there is some wear to the drivers seat bolster although its not unexpected but worth making sure its not ripped or torn. Also has the basic nav which is rubbish IMO.

The Blue/Beige Luxury has the basic nav system and I believe it won't have electric tailgate etc as it doesnt have the convenience pack option

Blimey Rayaan your eyes are a damn sight sharper than mine.  I'm blowed if I can see some of the marks that you can.  I think I need to pay you to come with me when I decide to buy!!

What about this one then, it's a one owner jobby. Thanks again for your input.

https://wolverhampton.usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/NX-300h/25-F-Sport-Premium-Navigation-t7bj5ts

20 hours ago, bluenose1940 said:

Blimey Rayaan your eyes are a damn sight sharper than mine.  I'm blowed if I can see some of the marks that you can.  I think I need to pay you to come with me when I decide to buy!!

What about this one then, it's a one owner jobby. Thanks again for your input.

https://wolverhampton.usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/NX-300h/25-F-Sport-Premium-Navigation-t7bj5ts

That one does look better and has lower mileage. Also a relatively good spec with the premium nav. Has a stainless steel rear protector which can scratch easily so take a look. Apart from that looks ok. 

The colour combo is fairly rare as well.

However there's some really good 3RXs for less than that NX

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/RX-450h/35-Luxury-Plus-Pan-Roof-hkbkm77

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/RX-450h/35-F-Sport-Premium-NavHUD-Display-n5bkuq6

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/RX-450h/35-Premier-n5bkqq3

Thank you Rayaan, you have spent some time looking those cars up for me, I'm very appreciative of that, thank you.

The last one, the Premier model at Wolverhampton looks very nice and not too high a mileage figure either.  The only thing that concerns me about that is the fact that it has got air suspension which I think that you mentioned in an earlier post.  Am I right in thinking that they are not including that in the RX4's now?  Do you know what a side monitor is?  Also, do you know if the wing mirrors angle down when reverse is engaged.

Thanks again for all your efforts.  Just hoping that I get something positive on my own car now.  If I get a buyer, the two cars that seem very interesting are both at Wolverhampton and so it would be relatively easy to test drive both.

1 hour ago, bluenose1940 said:

Thank you Rayaan, you have spent some time looking those cars up for me, I'm very appreciative of that, thank you.

The last one, the Premier model at Wolverhampton looks very nice and not too high a mileage figure either.  The only thing that concerns me about that is the fact that it has got air suspension which I think that you mentioned in an earlier post.  Am I right in thinking that they are not including that in the RX4's now?  Do you know what a side monitor is?  Also, do you know if the wing mirrors angle down when reverse is engaged.

Thanks again for all your efforts.  Just hoping that I get something positive on my own car now.  If I get a buyer, the two cars that seem very interesting are both at Wolverhampton and so it would be relatively easy to test drive both.

The air suspension was a PITA on the 2nd generation RX where it would inevitably fail. However, the 3RX air suspension seems to have been much improved and to date I have not heard of any air suspension failures on it. The 4RX doesn't offer it as an option, not really sure why but TBH the ride in the Premier 4RX is really good that it doesn't need it. 

I think the side monitor is a camera underneath the mirror to allow you to see the kerb. 

10-01-26-lexus-rx-450h-side-monitor-1.jp

All 3RXs with memory seats have mirrors which angle down in reverse. You won't find this on the NX as its not available with memory seats unless on the Premier spec/F-Sport Premier

15 hours ago, rayaans said:

All 3RXs with memory seats have mirrors which angle down in reverse. You won't find this on the NX as its not available with memory seats unless on the Premier spec/F-Sport Premier

...although the NX Premier has 360 degree camera, which in my opinion is even better.

4 hours ago, DanD said:

...although the NX Premier has 360 degree camera, which in my opinion is even better.

You shouldn't need it on an NX though. It's tiny. It's even smaller than the IS in length

hi all, new to the forum and new to lexus brand. I'm in the same boat as the op. currently looking for Nx. I've noticed there is 155/197 bhp engine choice. which one would you choose?obviously the other has more power. 

8 hours ago, J Henderson said:

Same engine fella, it's just you sometimes see the output quoted as petrol only vs combined (petrol + electric) power.

Now this makes sense to me. I didn't know the other engine is petrol only. you learn something everyday. :wink3:

Nah, there is no other engine. The 2.5 hybrid is the only option and the power output is the same across the range..

It's just (for whatever reason) the power output of hybrid cars sometimes gets listed with a lower number on Autotrader etc.

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:19 PM, Titanium300h said:

hi all, new to the forum and new to lexus brand. I'm in the same boat as the op. currently looking for Nx. I've noticed there is 155/197 bhp engine choice. which one would you choose?obviously the other has more power. 

Hybrid model (NX300h): 155bhp from the petrol engine + 42bhp from the hybrid system = 197bhp in total

There is also a rarer, non-hybrid model known as the NX200t. It uses a 4 cylinder, 2-liter powerplant with 238bhp. Apart from the badge on the tailgate, the 200t also has two visible exhaust tips (look here: https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/lexus/nx?country=gb&customer=&unitSystem=imperial&currency=GBP&model=2147||1893||2146&mcategory=all&searchstring=200t&price_from=&price_to=&reg_date_from=&reg_date_to=&km_from=&km_to=&kw_from=&kw_to=&emission_from=&emission_to=&gas=&gears=&color=&zip=&radius=1609&_model=2147||1893||2146&manufacturer=31)

Note that the NX200t was discontinued in the UK with the launch of the recent facelift. However, it continues to live in some other markets as the NX300.

The size of the latest RX means that we'll probably replace our 3RX with an NX. We have been victim of too many car park dings from inconsiderate drivers, and this would only get worse with the 4RX which is a larger car still. Also, the width of the car would mean even more scratches from branches and brambles when driving along local country lanes. :-(

5 hours ago, DanD said:

The size of the latest RX means that we'll probably replace our 3RX with an NX. We have been victim to too many car park dings from inconsiderate drivers, and this would only get worse with the 4RX which is a larger car still. Also, the width of the car would mean even more scratches from branches and brambles when driving along local country lanes. :-(

It's no wider than a 3RX. I've found people don't like parking near the RX, especially if you park on the line.

I've resorted to just parking at the very end of car parks and then just walking

I seemed to have been doing that with my cars forever rayaans but we all know there's always one isn't  there who will always decide to park right next to you ever how many spaces there are.