Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My is220d flew through it's MOT today and without any advisories as well, annual service due in February next year and will have the EGR valve pulled and cleaned at the same time - definitely feeling the love at the moment! 

DSCF1730.JPG

• Like 2

I get my car MOTd by a Ford Mazda dealer because they only charge £30 for MOT's, and are only 9 miles away. I used to get my Prius MOTd at the Toyota dealers "although 28 miles away" along with an intermediate service because they price matched the MOT to the Ford Mazda dealer.

The difference between an intermediate service, and a full service was basically a full safety inspection the same, but less though than an MOT.

I now get the Lexus MOTd at the Ford Mazda dealer because of price, and the nearest Lexus dealer is 55 miles away. A 110 mile round trip for an MOT seems pointless.

I have noted over the last 10 years Toyota/Lexus service prices go up yearly at a rate that cannot be justified with the rate of inflation.

John.

• Like 2

I bought my IS250 in March - 07 plate with 58K miles and due a MOT in October. I was a wee bit concerned but it flew through with no advisories from my local garage who are notorious for picking up on the small stuff.

Big advantage using the local garage is they let me have a wander around under the car while its on the ramp and check condition. 

Biggest surprise was the emissions which registered 0.0% CO, So my car is basically cleaning the atmosphere as I drive :D

I now do a 90 mile round trip commute every day so will be doing an interim oil change at 5K miles in the next few weeks. (Had a service done at Lexus at 62K miles and now up to £66K)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links