Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

throttle problwm

oraine15

my 2002 lexus is300 gas pedal has to be pushed to the ground to get a response. the code I got is p1125 which reads throttle body motor circuit malfunction... weird idling and all is in the mix. does anyone know how to fix it ?? or have had this problem before?

Hate to say it but you might have more luck on the US based forums. The first generation IS section on here is a little quiet and the IS300 was the standard IS over there. Not sure if I'm supposed to say but there's Club Lexus and My.IS

Good luck!

Oraine, just take it to the official dealer and they will sort it out. It might be the same cost at the end if you will compare your time and part cost when you are trying to sort it out by yourself. Thanks and good luck with this. 

if you have swapped out the throttle body, complete with throttle motor, then you need to look at the wiring and ECU (possibly ECU connector).

Without the throttle motor working you are just using the fallback which is via the mechanical throttle cable - this requires the gas pedal to be pushed much further down and will only partly open the throttle.