Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

p0141 code

steveshocks83

having trouble with p0141 bank 1 sensor 2 change lambda still coming up problem is have stainless manifold and ordinary sensor is too short so tried using bank 2 sensor 1 wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for connecting bank 1 sensor 2 to sensor 1 so eml is off or any other possible fixes for this tried 3 sensors and its still coming back car is running very rich and mpg is terrible

Just to make sure we are talking about the correct sensor, B1S2 has its connector under the seat inside the vehicle.

Are you using a genuine Toyota sensor, or Denso OEM? Some third party sensors have a heating element with a different resistance which confuses the ECU.

all lambdas have an effect on how a car runs if its running too rich which it is u burn more perrol can lose performance etc just thought there mite be a way of wiring one into the other as i.d like to blank off that sensor completely as the new manifold doesnr give much space for it 

On 11/16/2017 at 7:38 AM, ColinBarber said:

Just to make sure we are talking about the correct sensor, B1S2 has its connector under the seat inside the vehicle.

Are you using a genuine Toyota sensor, or Denso OEM? Some third party sensors have a heating element with a different resistance which confuses the ECU.

all origional from cars that have no eml on and the sensor is the one closest the bulk head on the manifold not the one further back

4 hours ago, steveshocks83 said:

all lambdas have an effect on how a car runs if its running too rich which it is u burn more perrol can lose performance etc just thought there mite be a way of wiring one into the other as i.d like to blank off that sensor completely as the new manifold doesnr give much space for it 

Yes lambda sensors do, not oxygen sensors (post cat) they deal with cat efficiency. 

1 hour ago, iwonder said:

Yes lambda sensors do, not oxygen sensors (post cat) they deal with cat efficiency. 

well i cud drive from galway to dublin and back for 35 euro before eml came on for p0141 code car is well serviced and well minded and drivin properly skip gears etc it has made a difference seen u can tap the wires in near the ecu just need a diagram of which is which so i can blank off the sensor completely as i cant use the origional sensor the wiring is too short for the after market manifold so if any can help with this wud b appreciated as performance has dropped and it was actually really gud on fuel by far the best of all i.ve had even with a 2 way diff ha

17 hours ago, steveshocks83 said:

all origional from cars that have no eml on and the sensor is the one closest the bulk head on the manifold not the one further back

p0141 is for the downstream sensor after the main cat. If you are changing the ones on the manifold (either B1S1 or B2S1) then you aren't going to solve the problem.

11 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

p0141 is for the downstream sensor after the main cat. If you are changing the ones on the manifold (either B1S1 or B2S1) then you aren't going to solve the problem.

would you have an idea of how i cud tap the wires so i can blank the manifold sensor as clearance is an issue

Fitting a resistor on the heater circuit will clear the code if the wiring is intact. To replicate the o2 reading you need an o2 simulator. you can make your own if you really wanted to. Then blank off the o2 port.

or

If you have the space, fit a 90 degree spacer and refit a working sensor

2 minutes ago, iwonder said:

Fitting a resistor on the heater circuit will clear the code if the wiring is intact. To replicate the o2 reading you need an o2 simulator. you can make your own if you really wanted to. Then blank off the o2 port.

or

If you have the space, fit a 90 degree spacer and refit a working sensor

where and what wiring is the heater circuit