Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC facelift heading our way?

• 2 weeks later...

Its on the various lexus websites now so i guess this is now the only version you can order unless you want an “old” model that sleeps at a dealer somewhere. Guess you will get an absolute superbargain an that

dont know if the update is cosmetic and satnavscreen only or are there mods to mechanical or chassis. Anyone?

It would seem logical to include "Safety System+" like on IS. It is odd that on current RC you can only add ACC/PCS with Premier and it is not available on F-Sport or Luxury even as an option, whereas cheaper and 2 classes lower IS gets it as standard. 

12 hours ago, Linas.P said:

....ACC/PCS ... is not available on F-Sport ... even as an option ... 

It is indeed strange that the F-Sport in the U.K. does not get the Safety System even as an optional, and I would guess this may have something

to do with rationalisation/standardization of production specifically related to the RHD variant.   I believe the F-Sport has had the Safety System

as an optional everywhere in Continental Europe since launch, and few of those of us who bought this version of the RC for immediate delivery                                                          

from dealer stock were given the choice of not getting (and paying) for it given its presence in almost all the first waves of imports.  Its presence

was justified as being anticipatory of likely customer wishes - with which I fully agreed.

On 1/16/2018 at 11:57 AM, daddythebaddie said:

Any more news on the RC 300H Facelift and when due

There is no facelift - it looks exactly the same.

Just interior changes and some spec changes. 

Lexus UK website hasn't fully updated yet - the configurator still shows smaller navigation screen, the website itself still lists the smaller nav screen on the pictures.

Also the Brochure is still February 2017 - the latest version - usually the brochure is the first to update rather than anything else 

@Rabbers - probably you are right. ACC sounds good on paper, but in practice traffic is always either too low or too high for it to work. PCS on other had is nice to have, I even think it should be legal requirement for all new cars to have it, almost like fog light or ABS.

What it seems to be the case is that Lexus now packaged all the lane departure, blind spot etc systems in what they call "Safety+"  and they as well put it as standard package in IS, GS and RC I believe so it would be weird if RC would not have it as well.

2 hours ago, Linas.P said:

@Rabbers - probably you are right. ACC sounds good on paper, but in practice traffic is always either too low or too high for it to work. PCS on other had is nice to have, I even think it should be legal requirement for all new cars to have it, almost like fog light or ABS.

What it seems to be the case is that Lexus now packaged all the lane departure, blind spot etc systems in what they call "Safety+"  and they as well put it as standard package in IS, GS and RC I believe so it would be weird if RC would not have it as well.

The safety system + will be standard across the range so the RC will get it too when the updated model with the 10.3" nav screen comes out. Most likely premium nav will also be standard across the range.

ACC works pretty well on the smallest distance setting. Its fine in traffic in the RX as it slows to a halt and starts off again if needed. On the IS its not full speed so only works down to 30mph.

I find an effective setting for the ACC in traffic and is 15-20kmh higher than the highest speed at which you think the traffic is likely to continue moving, 

e.g. 70-80kmh when you think the cars ahead are unlikely to slow from your and their 50-60kmh to below 40kmh.  That way, with the distance setting on

minimum, you won't fall more than momentarily behind in the event of the traffic temporarily speeding up.                                          

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

On the IS its not full speed so only works down to 30mph.

I need to investigate what ACC is fitted to RX then, because my comment was based exactly on above. It applies not only to IS, but GS mk3/mk4... and other older cars with ACC. That is why I think it is useless in most cases, what you want in London traffic is for "audi distance" and for auto start/stop, which obviously is not the case with previous upgrade ACC.

Is this upgrade (which completely stops and starts the cars) is part of Safety+ then? or is it solely available on RX? 

44 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I need to investigate what ACC is fitted to RX then, because my comment was based exactly on above. It applies not only to IS, but GS mk3/mk4... and other older cars with ACC. That is why I think it is useless in most cases, what you want in London traffic is for "audi distance" and for auto start/stop, which obviously is not the case with previous upgrade ACC.

Is this upgrade (which completely stops and starts the cars) is part of Safety+ then? or is it solely available on RX? 

The RX has the full speed adaptive cruise control which stops and then when the car in front moves off, you either tap the stalk or tap the accelerator and it moves off again, and speeds up/slows down as necessary

The IS and RC don't have the full speed system. Neither does the NX. I havent tested the GS MK4 version but I would presume it would have the full speed setup.

The LC and LS will most certainly have the full speed setup

The ACC in the current RC cuts out at 40kmh (=30mph approx.), accompanied by an acoustic warning and with re-accelaration back to

40kmh being necessary before the original speed can be automatically reset by means of the control lever.   Not having tried a full-stop

system I am unable to make comparisons, but one merit of the 40kmh system that I personally appreciate is that it enables you -  in

fact obliges you - to properly re-focus your attention on the road if your concentration has even slightly lapsed after long stretches of 

uninterrupted reliance on the ACC itself, especially after sudden drops from higher speeds.

• 3 weeks later...

Officially been released today. No visual changes. Just interior change with updated screen and spec change.  

All models now get premium nav

But prices have increased.

RCF now has a plus pack option which is between RCF and RCF carbon 

On 18/01/2018 at 7:53 PM, rayaans said:

The IS and RC don't have the full speed system. Neither does the NX. I havent tested the GS MK4 version but I would presume it would have the full speed setup.

The LC and LS will most certainly have the full speed setup

The NX does have full speed AAC, the GS does too.

No facelift, just an equipment upgrade.
RC F now has an exhaust filter which reduces the power by 20 BHP :(
Press release here:
http://media.lexus.co.uk/2018/02/equipment-technology-upgrades-2018-lexus-rc-rc-f-coupes/

Gasoline particulate filter...... Here we go.

Drive start control prevents 'harsh acceleration' wtf?

Mk1s. Get them bought.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

Drive start control prevents 'harsh acceleration' wtf?

That is called "retarded american safery+", I believe it is introduced to prevent something called "unintentional acceleration" ... Have anyone over here heard of such thing? Me neither - all accelerations are completely intentional for me.. 

On serious note - all changes were expected. Safety + was obvious one, to bring RC in line with IS (at least). So now car will have ACC/PCS as standard instead of it not even being an option before (that is the only addition to already standard BSM, AHB, LDA and RCTA).

Second obvious change is upgraded Sat-Nav screen again in line with IS, because honestly the current screen is the smallest in the Lexus range (except of CT). As well they seems to have dropped appalling (almost criminal) 6 speaker system from Dacia Sandero. All cars have Premium Nav standard, which I assume means reasonable 10-speaker system.

I quite like addition of Premier pack in F-Sport, again something in line with IS.. hope to see some of these cars on used market as they sound perfect in terms of equipment (sunroof + ML + ACC/PCS - combination which is currently is rarer than unicorns, or doesn't exist at all).

Sadly, Lexus site is not updated yet with new options - quite interested to see how F-Sport + premier pack looks like.

Drive Start Control regulates power output from the engine to keep speed and acceleration below a pre-determined level. At the same time, a warning will light up in the instrument panel. The system does not operate when the car’s traction control is switched off.

Anyone see a logic fail with this from a safety point of view? Therefore it's done for emissions testing.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Why would they reduce the power lol. Apparently most cars are now going to be fit with GPF. Luckily it won't clog and is cheap to replace.

However, I think Lexus detuned the RCF because even with the GPF fitted it still produced too many particles. 

https://www.greencarguide.co.uk/features/gasoline-particulate-filter-gpf/

36 minutes ago, Martin F said:

That's quite a significant power decrease, but assume it won't be long until somebody bypasses the filter and advises whether the power is totally restored or only partially.

It may be illegal to do so like deleting DPF or cats. 

Another and possibly worse aspect is the noise deadening effect.