Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Xenons

PLH

Hi.

Just wondering what Xenon bulbs are used for the 2011 IS250 Advance. I have read H11, is this correct?

Also to replace them, do/can you go under the bonnet? Or do you have to go under the wheel arch or something? 

The Xenon bulb size is D4S.

I don't think all Advance models have Xenons. Does your car definitely have them?

In any event, yes. You can swap the bulbs from under the bonnet (plenty of how-to videos on youtube), but you might need to remove the air filter housing (or at least move it out of the way). Plus, the washer bottle filler neck on the passenger side.

Edited by J Henderson
typo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, J Henderson said:

The Xenon bulb size is D4S.

I don't think all Advance models have Xenons. Does your car definitely have them?

In any even, yes. You can swap the bulbs from under the bonnet (plenty of how-to videos on youtube), but you might need to remove the air filter housing (or at least move it out of the way). Plus, the washer bottle filler neck on the passenger side.

Pretty sure mine has xenons (2011, 61 plate?). Certainly looks it, and they seem to 'charge up' when switched on.

I'm wanting to get some 8 or 10k's in there, any good links on eBay or where ever?

OK, I have been using 8 - 10k xenons for years, had them on my Honda. I understand how they aren't as good visually but I just like the look  hehe  :P

• Sad 1

...And you annoy the hell out of all the drivers on the road, because you blind everybody. Well done...

8 and 10k  (even 12k) are just marketing junk for fake xenons. Real xenons (and suitable for road use) are not available in 10k, I believe there are something like 6400k, 6800k options, but beyond that point they either not xenons or they are junk. If you see something saying 10k it will always be together with "conversion" kit, which raises the question - how comes conversion kit can have 12k when there are no actual 12k bulb?!

Re: Xenon vs halogen on IS250, there is no visual difference on the lamp both has focusing lenses. Xenons must have headlamp washers and usually has auto-height adjustment, I would double on that Advance had no HIDs (xenons), but I might be wrong.

I use Osram Cool Blue intense and can recommend it as quality option in 6k (which is the perfect white without hint of blue, which is actually considered "poor quality" sigh).

• Like 1

Have been told, if you have daytime running lights, you have xenons (?). But I've checked other 2011 Advance IS250's and they all have xenons in their descriptions.

Yes but the spec seems to have changed slightly during the production run.

Most, if not all of the earliest Advance models tend to have halogen lights and 17" wheels, whereas later examples on 61/12/62 reg plates usually have 18" 5-spoke wheels and the dark DRL-equipped headlights.

Advance.thumb.jpg.add0b684bb13d8a260dce9f80b9f1124.jpg

If your car has these headlights, then yes it has Xenons.

• 4 months later...
On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:55 AM, J Henderson said:

Yes but the spec seems to have changed slightly during the production run.

Most, if not all of the earliest Advance models tend to have halogen lights and 17" wheels, whereas later examples on 61/12/62 reg plates usually have 18" 5-spoke wheels and the dark DRL-equipped headlights.

Advance.thumb.jpg.add0b684bb13d8a260dce9f80b9f1124.jpg

If your car has these headlights, then yes it has Xenons.

I know this is an old thread but I need some help regarding my headlights (attached).

So i have a 2010 IS220d F sport, with HIDs auto levelling and AFS (no DRL). Do yours have these functions? As i've been interested in installing the facelift headlights but been told that they do not come with AFS and auto levelling and this will result in a fault.  When I contacted lexus UK through eBay store they said they don't know as they hadn't been tested on previous models. 

image-0-02-05-86d3bd2baf8aee8837c02202b76e136df99fabe2ee6341434ce5aa3e58758d33-V.jpg

The face-lift headlights have auto-levelling, but no AFS so you would lose that function.

An "AFS OFF" light will constantly blink on the dashboard when the new lights are installed in an older IS. You would have to pull the relevant fuse for the AFS system to get rid of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1