Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tom's isf replica

Just ordered this kit in carbon for a very good price I just got the lip and sides as I'm not overly keen on the diffusers on white cars think they suit darker colours a lot more, it's on eBay if anyone's interested also ordered a set of carbon surrounds for the spotlights it's surprising how much stuff you find on the web with a bit of effort put in. I'm really starting to like the look of them vosens in the picture too think I'll be putting extra massage time in to the wife a drop a few hints for Christmas😂 you never know!.

s-l500.jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

• Like 2

Hi,

Is this from the chap in the Dominican Republic? Looks familiar! :wink3:

I’d toyed with the TOM style kit, thing is the weave is different to all my existing carbon parts! :wallbash:

If it is that guy, you should be fine. Few guys in the States have bought it from him, and were happy with the result. :smile:

• Like 1

Haha I already asked for a Grom vline before and that got completely shot down. At least with this, she'll actually see it even though she doesn't 'get' it.

Cheers for the link pal. Now do I go for just the diffuser or the whole lot....

• Like 1

On 22/11/2017 at 7:30 PM, Northern isf said:

No it's the front lip and the carbon sides there made to fit the isf, on the fog covers I think there a replacement part I'll see in a few weeks time how it all fits.

Bought those CF fog light covers myself a little while back along with CF splitters (two piece), Novel CF duct panels and a Toms CF rear diffuser too. All are being clear coated as we speak so will post some pics once they are fitted. The clear coating makes the carbon look permanently wet and glossy, the gel-coat all these bits come in out of the factory goes dull after a while if you don’t clear coat it so it’s well worth the effort.

The fog light covers just stick on over the originals. I’ve no plans to take mine off so will be tiger-sealing them in place.

Pics to follow soon. I do like those cf side skirt extensions though, looks like the seller is sold out now though :sad:

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Dan 👍 ill have the corner splitters up for sale soon as the new one comes could have done you them cheap too typical eh😁  I like the look of those ducts something else for the list I promised myself I wouldn't go mad on this car but that's not happening 

1 hour ago, Northern isf said:

Thanks for the info Dan 👍 ill have the corner splitters up for sale soon as the new one comes could have done you them cheap too typical eh😁  I like the look of those ducts something else for the list I promised myself I wouldn't go mad on this car but that's not happening 

Haha! Me too mate! Can't stop modding! :yahoo:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 22/11/2017 at 7:30 PM, Northern isf said:

No it's the front lip and the carbon sides there made to fit the isf, on the fog covers I think there a replacement part I'll see in a few weeks time how it all fits.

Hi Wayne,

Did you ever get this stuff? Interested to see how it all fitted.

Dan

Hi Guys - a word of caution, I ordered a Toms style rear diffuser for my ISF on eBay from someone also in the Dominican Republic (I'm guessing the same person) and it was crap.  It just didn't fit properly and, despite my best efforts, ended up splitting and cracking when I tried to make it fit - it ended-up in the rubbish.  I ended up ordering an authentic Toms diffusfer from the US - but it was night and day in terms of fit and quality.

Unfortunately buying cheap imitation or patent parts rarely ends well :)

Happy though if other people can prove me wrong in this case.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Hi Wayne,

Did you ever get this stuff? Interested to see how it all fitted.

Dan

No I ended up cancelling I waited until after the new year so it'd been almost 6 weeks got a full refund but as the guy above as said I'm pretty glad I didn't get it now Ive ordered another one off a guy I got the carbon spotlight surrounds off and they were good quality so hopefully nthis will be the same,  James I'm sorry to here that I hope you got a refund was it ruso garage ? 

On another note I went to the performance car show at the NEC today and had a good chat with some guys who worked for ohlins they've put me in touch with someone up my way who supplies and sets there suspension up so hopefully that will be on the cards now .

28 minutes ago, Northern isf said:

No I ended up cancelling I waited until after the new year so it'd been almost 6 weeks got a full refund but as the guy above as said I'm pretty glad I didn't get it now Ive ordered another one off a guy I got the carbon spotlight surrounds off and they were good quality so hopefully nthis will be the same,  James I'm sorry to here that I hope you got a refund was it ruso garage ? 

Spot on, thanks Wayne. I found those for sale from that guy too! Let me know how they look when they arrive. Like you say, the fog light covers are good so fingers crossed.

Dan.

• 3 weeks later...

The lip arrived today so I had an early lunch break and went home to meet the courier unfortunately it's badly damaged looks like it's been thrown around a few times, so in conclusion I wouldn't recommend anyone import this stuff it was packaged very well too bubble wrap and foam inside a box so god only knows how it's happened.

IMG_20180130_112555.jpg

IMG_20180130_112710.jpg

IMG_20180130_112836.jpg

• Sad 1

Sorry to see this Wayne. :wallbash::sad:

Always a gamble when shipping larger more delicate parts across the pond. Main reason I tend to bring things back with me on planes (although this would be a stretch given the size once you add the packaging etc).

You may be able to get it repaired though? Is it just that one area that was damaged? The top part where it looks to have gone through the clearcoat won't show when it's installed, so the bit on the face may be repairable......

Saying that, are you planning to keep it or send it back??

Shame when you've had to wait a while and this happens! :down:

Alright Pete 

No there a few places were it's damaged mate and to be honest just looking at the lip square on I'm pretty sure it's not going to fit it looks to be warped in the middle I'm guessing it's had something heavy sat on top of it to deform it, it's a shame as the quality is pretty good but  because of the deformed middle part I really doubt it's salvageable now.