Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus insurance a joke!

mrfunex

I bought gs300 mk3 2005 a month a go just after passing my driving test, I paid 2.5k for insurrance... I hope it gets cheaper lol. Im 30, London postcode. Paying 400 a year sounds like a dream 😀

Hi Dalius.

That is a lot of money, but considering that  you've only just pass and you live in London somewhat I'm not surprised.

I'm 33 driving since 2006, 13 years no claim and I'm still paying over £800 a year.

Unfortunately that's the average cost of running this car.

Hope you'll enjoy that comfort and don't have to work too hard to cover it's cost.

• 5 months later...

I've been with Adrian Flux mainly for modified stuff in the past, but sort of stayed with them, they also do my Buell bike insurance as well. I'm due for renewal week after next, so shopped around Admiral (Extra introductory discount) were cheaper on line than my Flux renewal.

However, when I called Flux about the change of vehicle to the Lexus I mentioned about their price. They offered to look at it again and in the end said they would match the price of Admiral. Of note they also didn't charge their commission on my vehicle change (£30 according to the policy) and don't charge for plate transfers so I decided to stay with them. They also kept me with the same insurer Trinity and they have been quiet sensible on mileage as I was close to my mileage limit.

Further, from my experience, at least you can get through to someone who will help if you have an issue, and they have shown flexibility on things when they have changed. My wife was with Axa and they took four years to sort a no fault accident out whilst loading her premiums each year and you couldn't get hold of anyone who could make a decision from them, very much computer says no.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm with Adrian Flux too as they were pretty competitive and are easier to deal with when you have modifications.

They are a bit profiteering though in my humble opinion. A £30 admin fee for any changes is excessive. Also some years ago I had a BMW insured with them and took their breakdown cover, which included vehicle recovery. I had a not-at-fault accident and when I called their claims department they wanted me to pay £50 to have the car recovered. When I mentioned that I had breakdown they just fobbed me off and said it was a different department, and in the stress of the situation I just didn't want to deal with any more hassle and just paid it, which I'm sure is what they expect most people will do. They aren't really an insurance company they're a middle man, so if you have a claim don't be surprised to find yourself dealing with 5 different disconnected companies all handling parts of the claim.

• 2 months later...
On 12/21/2019 at 10:46 AM, olliesgrandad said:

I got a quote from Lexus based on my drive away information of £9200 a year. 😂😂😂😂

I’m surprised it’s not programmed to say ‘we regret we cannot offer you cover’.  Quoting astronomically high premiums just makes them look ridiculous imo.  

I would echo the advice above to shop around.  Martin Lewis’ www.Moneysavingexpert.com website has a good guide on what search engines to use, in what sequence, and how to take care over your occupation description. 

• 8 months later...
On 11/22/2017 at 10:05 PM, mrfunex said:

So, in advance of picking up my new GSF, I got a quote from Lexus insurance, just out of curiosity. The best I’d seen so far through a comparison site was £264 for the year (benefits of living in a safe area, I guess!)

Their quote?

£2,168.77!!!

Can anyone top that? :wacko:

Yes, yes I can

Brand new NX 300h premium plus pack, £42,000 retail.
Admiral = £850, no ncb, licence only for 6 weeks 
Lexus = £11,290!!!

• Haha 1

Lexus insurance has always worked out approximately 30-40% more than I typically pay with either Direct Line or Admiral. I’ve never asked them to quote at renewal time, they’ve only ever quoted when I change my car and have used their drive away insurance.

I asked them for a quote as my insurer was not recognising theUX probably not registered or loaded on.DVLA. Anyhow hope your all sitting down Lexus came back with  over 15K payable by 1500 month unbelievable.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links