Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC300h review

The pre heat on my Mitsy is getting well used at moment so the rc hasnt moved for a week 

Unfortunately today it's sunny so decided to go in rc and it's dead- can't open doors with fob so used emergency key and now waiting for Lexus recovery because I can't jump start from PHEV 

Looks like my ctek just found a use again 

First black mark against rc :sad:

AA have been and jump started the RC so it's now running again but I'm worried if it will start tomorrow or weekend if I don't drive until then:unsure:

Bit disappointed I waited 2 hours for dealer to return my call before I rang them again and they told me to ring Lexus Assist -  hats off to AA/Lexus Assist though - only took 30 minutes to arrive:cool:

Going to look at connecting my CTEK tomorrow for peace of mind - I thought my trouble was behind me when I ditched LR:rolleyes:

Have Lexus come up with any explanation why the Battery was flat? It's not unreasonable to expect the car to start even if has been left unused for several weeks - what if you'd been on away on holiday and come back to the airport carpark at 2 in the morning and found the Battery had gone flat?

• Thanks 1

Paul:   It could well be that the Battery is defective, as Rayaan suggests.  I once met a fellow IS300h owner who was having his Battery replaced

under warranty after it had died on him overnight for no explainable reason with only a couple of thousand km on the clock.   Apparently the

usual procedure is for Lexus to supply and fit the replacement unless they authorise you, for reasons of convenience, to go to another supplier

with whom they have an arrangement.   Not all Lexus dealers keep stocks of batteries, and I believe that in the above instance the dealer 

avoided waiting time for the customer by taking one from another IS he had in the showroom.  Not, I would think, that most dealers would be

so co-operative.

• Thanks 1

Have you left the keyless remote near the vehicle? In this occurrence the system keep ready to start and there is a a little more current drained by 12V Battery. The solution is to have  keys far from car.