Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Servicing IS250 F Sport

Hi Vladimir,

I did try Toyota in Bracknell but they told me i had to take it to Lexus for a service?....... I thought a toyota dealership would have been able to perform a service for sure. Is it standard practice for Toyota to do this?............ Or should i just ring a few other Toyota dealerships and see if i get a bit more joy?

Wow that suprises me that they told you that. My local Toyota dealer is part of RRG which has lexus Stockport in its company. I'd try another Toyota dealer.

Mind you how old is your car and how many miles on it? Maybe if it' a good few years old then try kwikfit or similar. They're really good lately.

2 hours ago, jayson said:

Hi Vladimir,

I did try Toyota in Bracknell but they told me i had to take it to Lexus for a service?....... I thought a toyota dealership would have been able to perform a service for sure. Is it standard practice for Toyota to do this?............ Or should i just ring a few other Toyota dealerships and see if i get a bit more joy?

Your Lexus is a Toyota as you know. You might need to get beyond the reception desk to get this sorted as more than often than not they've only done a course in how the coffee machine works.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, jayson said:

Well Toyota Newbury will take it, I have 24k on a '14 plate. have been quoted £485 for a full service, does this sound right in your experiences when taking to Toyota?

Definitely not. That's what Lexus charge you.

4 hours ago, jayson said:

Well Toyota Newbury will take it, I have 24k on a '14 plate. have been quoted £485 for a full service, does this sound right in your experiences when taking to Toyota?

Unless you have missed the 20k, you are due the 30k/3 year service which is just an oil/filter change and visual check. The intermediate will be a lot cheaper

That is because service schedule is 10k miles or 1 year, whichever comes first. Meaning that 4 years old car should be serviced 3 times even if it is 15k or 25k miles. Obviously, that is just recommendation... if that happens that you only reach 10k limit after 14 month instead of 12 I don't believe it would hurt or if you drive 13 k miles instead of 10k during one year.

Now that said - if you planning to keep the car it seems that IS250 likes more frequent oil changes to prevent hydraulic valve lifters from sticking and rattling... say something ~5-7k miles intervals for oil.. obviously that only impacts cars over ~100k miles, so if you not planning to keep the car that long it will be somebody else problem.