Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

An interesting warning

On the way to work this morning in some really nice snow making driving difficult a rather interesting and annoying warning appeared on my display. Clean Parking Sensors. Wow I thought. I cleared it on the large display and it stayed clear but annoyingly it kept on on the small screen no matter how many times I cleared it.

Now I'm not sure what to think of that warning but I do think it' a bit OTT. 

What other weird warnings have others had?

56 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

First time i saw a warning the other day in my LS430 "low key battery"

Very interesting.I had the same warning on Saturday 18th and as I was just North of St Andrews I phoned Lexus Edinburgh who told me that I had about 10 days to replace the Battery.

I returned home on the Monday and on the Tuesday I went into Lexus Chester who changed both batteries in my 2 keys, free of charge.

It was the first time in 4 years that I had seen such a warning.

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Very interesting.I had the same warning on Saturday 18th and as I was just North of St Andrews I phoned Lexus Edinburgh who told me that I had about 10 days to replace the battery.

I returned home on the Monday and on the Tuesday I went into Lexus Chester who changed both batteries in my 2 keys, free of charge.

It was the first time in 4 years that I had seen such a warning.

I justchange them myself - easiest thing to do and the batteries are the same as in my calculator

22 minutes ago, rayaans said:

I justchange them myself - easiest thing to do and the batteries are the same as in my calculator

Point taken,but, I was 300 miles from home, 100 miles from Lexus Edinburgh, without  batteries and without the small screwdriver needed to release the old Battery. ... and I was formerly in the Boy Scouts, (nearly 60 years ago) but nevertheless unprepared !!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

On the way to work this morning in some really nice snow making driving difficult a rather interesting and annoying warning appeared on my display. Clean Parking Sensors. Wow I thought. I cleared it on the large display and it stayed clear but annoyingly it kept on on the small screen no matter how many times I cleared it.

Now I'm not sure what to think of that warning but I do think it' a bit OTT. 

What other weird warnings have others had?

pop up hood failure like the sensor warning you'd clear it then it would come back on again.

yes it does ,its just a pity that once you reset it ,it doesnt stay off until the next time you start the car

rather than every few minutes the alarm re-appears

• Like 1

18 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Point taken,but, I was 300 miles from home, 100 miles from Lexus Edinburgh, without  batteries and without the small screwdriver needed to release the old battery. ... and I was formerly in the Boy Scouts, (nearly 60 years ago) but nevertheless unprepared !!

Ah yes, but you don't really need a Battery to start the car 

The vehicles have a backup Battery if you completely run out of juice! I believe the key needs to be placed on the Power button itself and used to push it.

Just a little reminder so you don't get in a panic next time!

if your key isn't detected place the lexus emblem on the back of the remote against the start button

and then press the button as normal the key will be recognised then.

the most annoying pop ups i am seeing at the moment are the black friday ads

every time i come onto the lexus / toyota forums

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rayaans said:

Ah yes, but you don't really need a battery to start the car 

The vehicles have a backup battery if you completely run out of juice! I believe the key needs to be placed on the Power button itself and used to push it.

Just a little reminder so you don't get in a panic next time!

Many thanks.Lexus Chester told me the same as they changed the batteries !!

If you do change the key fob Battery yourself do you need to reprogram the key fob ? Just reading Marks post about holding the key fob on the start button.

With Merc E-class I seem to remember that you didn't need to do anything with the key fob, but if you bought a new key fob you have to leave the car with Mercedes for a couple of hours while they program the new fob through their Star diagnostics system. Even then, in my case, they got it all wrong and I couldn't do central closing of the windows and sunroof.

Parkman.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links