Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust options

For me the classic F (ISF), the RCF and the GSF all need a lift in the exhaust department.

Given the number of combined F models, surely Lexus could endorse an exhaust system that dealers could fit.

Shame.

• Like 1

So I’m guessing as regards a choice of which system or part system this thread is going the way that all exhaust threads go............Is it the money is it Lexus Warranty is the right noise for any given situation.

TRD it is then start saving.......

Big Rat

On 27/11/2017 at 3:14 PM, Comedian said:

Slam dunk, on a warranty exclusion for any modified car. 

You know they will roll that clause out in the case of a significant claim, regardless of whether the modification has any direct impact on the issue at hand.

3 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Lexus stock silencers and pipe about about £500/£600 per side. So if just needed a replacement due to corrosion might be a good option then.

@Comedian Can't argue with that aspect, one reason why I have my stash of parts 🤗

🐀

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Toothy said:

There was a used Borla exhaust on ebay last week. Was interested but beaten to it by someone... Maybe someone on here? Really tempted by something but I just don't know what.

I've heard one Borla.... it was OK, but certainly not amazing. 

35 minutes ago, Toothy said:

Glad I missed it then! What was your personal favourite? H&S?

That’s a good question. Not really blown away by H&S either.

Probably the best IS-F exhaust I’ve heard is what @Warrington guy has on his. Not sure what it is however.....

On the RC-F, rumour has it that the Quicksilver system is awesome

GS-F, not sure. Probably best to keep the noise down. You just don’t need the attention when leaving the bank at speed. 

• Haha 1

I think I must of heard most that are available for the isF  in person now, which in my opinion is the only way to decide before parting with your cash. So if you just want that extra little bit of V8 burble a few hundred quid will just do it.

Cutting off your rear boxes is fine for the extra A+B road antics but get on the motorways and the drone for most is unacceptable.

Lots of systems available just depends how much you are prepared to pay most are from a little over a grand to five thousand, it's the percentage value to the car that most need to be wary of I guess.

Now I posted up about the Uk company Quicksilver and the Rcf,s they did for Lexus and it was Lexus who approached them, I initially listened to them like we all do on line and i thought I need to hear that in person.

So as luck would have @Flytvr has had their cat back system fitted to his Carbon Rcf and it is without a shadow of a doubt absolutely stupendous from the build quality to the noise and zero drone at motorway speeds. Just after he had done I took the below couple of clips unfortunately usual Iphone rubbish speakers better on headphones.

With the intention of going back to the airfield to get some full chat runs which we did but the weather was appalling and prevented filming but those of us that were gathered there agreed it is a fantastic deep V8 menacing old school system sound with all the pops and bangs that bring the car to life.

Big Rat

• Like 3

@Lexusman007 Which is why I've never gone down that road other than a back box swap out a few hundred Quid is one thing AND keep the originals, as I said before need to see and hear the system in person.

The System on @Flytvr For and all those there no ifs no buts it's the holy grail :yahoo:

🐀

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links