Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3 hours ago, Smoother said:

The biggest downside is finding a station that stocks it

Shell seem to be the most common ones that stock it.

4 hours ago, Smoother said:

The only station near me (Bromley) took their LPG out a few years ago.

My guess is that was a BP station, they did the same here 

4 hours ago, dendonc said:

My guess is that was a BP station, they did the same here

Yes it is/was.  So a corporate decision?  I thought they just needed the room taken up by the above ground storage tanks, and the security-fenced area around them.

26 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

if I go to an area that I don't know I have my satnav that tells me where the nearest one is.

Do you mean you have a sat nav which shows LPG stations? which one? also, My nearest stockist (west london) is about 4 or 5 miles away, no idea where the next nearest is

12 minutes ago, dendonc said:

Do you mean you have a sat nav which shows LPG stations? which one? also, My nearest stockist (west london) is about 4 or 5 miles away, no idea where the next nearest is

You can do this in Waze - where you set your fuel preference to LPG. I'm sure there are other Smartphone apps that can do the same.

46 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

I'm sure there are other Smartphone apps that can do the same.

I don't have or want a smart phone, Asda or Tesco PAYG is my limit, I only need a mobile for calling AA or potentialy some other road emergency

I provided you with an option, a free one if you have a Smartphone, I'd appreciate a little more courtesy rather than your aggressive tone.

There are paid for LPG points of interest you can download into TomTom, Navman, and Garmin devices if you have a standalone Sat Nav device.

2 hours ago, dendonc said:

Tom Tom. 

....and, if like me, you're resisting 'smug-phones', you can print out a map with locations on it, the old fashioned way! (-:

There's always a way. In fact, you could have great fun interrupting people with phones on the street and asking! A whole new area of life emerges!

Who knows WHO you might meet. (Bet no one knows though.)

• Like 1

careful and wise use of a smartphone is good and many apps are a godsend quite frankly .................... especially whatsapp now in it's ??? year with me and an absolute boon for my global business and communications .................. couldn't be without it I'm afraid ........  no Iphone means no business

Malc

• 3 weeks later...

For those with Android I recommend FillLPG and myLPG.eu apps. Works for me great, database of the stations updated including prices, both the UK and the continent. Saved me huge amount of time of running like a headless chicken. Automatically searches LPG and petrol stations near you and if you pick one, it forwards its destination to google maps or if you wish sends gps coordinates to whatever satnav app you may have installed on your phone.

On 31/01/2018 at 1:22 AM, Smoother said:

It's cheap, and it's insanely clean burning hence a very green fuel as fossil fuels go

That's it, if you can have a gas cooker at home and don't get poisoned, have no problem with patricles of soot, etc, why the bunch of crooks in our governments do not priviledge LPG. It looks so much as bull**** and a blatant lie If they say, they are so worried about our health, pollution of diesel, etc. On the other hand they do everything to promote and shove down my throat hybrid and electric (by lowering road tax for EVs etc). What's all about this "green" EV hype, if most of Europe's power plants are coal or nuclear. The only exeption seems to be Norway, where allegedly 90% or more of their energy comes from renewable sources.

Now think about what lithium is and other nasty chemistry batterries are made of. Lithium is commonly sourced from brine, a water and energy intensive process. According to www.foeeurope.org, 0.05-1 mg of lithium requires 1 liter of brine/mineral water. Areas rich in lithium are often arid, increasing the cost of mining. Dry and salty conditions can also take a toll on human health. Seawater extraction is a more expensive way to mine lithium.

How much energy is needed to make these? What happens when batteries end their life, how much of it can we recycle, how much is just thrown away. If all cars we have today were replaced by EVs, think how much of this crap (from batteries) will endup in a landfill piling up like you see these days monstrous mountains of plastics near every recycling centre.

For a fact, our EV promoting crooks are selling you EVs, (or rathter trying to shove down your throat by lobbying the governments) prior to having figured out how to recycle the waste coming from the batteries. Source here https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2214993714000037 and here http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/recycling_batteries

What's so green and eco-friendly about that???

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links