nordiclad

Christmas present ordered NX300h for uprated NX300h

Recommended Posts

Speaking to my local Lexus distributor as I had a few issues with the Lexus finance contract wording re early payment on my NX Sonic Titanium Lux (now 7 months old).

Then subject change to new 2018 NX – would I like to trade in, OK interested, lets drive new one first.

Got time in new Premier, seems quitter when you floor it and the CVT revs up, but did notice the ride was different due to tweaked suspension and chassis. And yes, lots of new toys!

What’s the deal, offered standard trade in price, but discount on new one was brilliant (beats CarWow hands down) – if ordered before 31 Dec. Cost me £3k, delivery for new NX Sonic Titanium Lux mid Dec, inc the paint / wheel protection package.

All to do with centre sales numbers for 2017.

Merry Christmas folks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Sounds good Robert!

Is the 2018 NX better than the 2017?

I thought the drivetrain did not change, does it feel different?

You say the ride is different, how? more comfort, more rest in chassis?

As you have been driving the 2017 for 7 months you will be the best judge by far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Sounds good Robert!

Is the 2018 NX better than the 2017?

I thought the drivetrain did not change, does it feel different?

You say the ride is different, how? more comfort, more rest in chassis?

As you have been driving the 2017 for 7 months you will be the best judge by far!

Its better but not a huge difference. The suspension itself is quieter than before and its less fidgety but not a massive difference.

As Rob got a good deal, its rude not to but I dont think its worth spending £10-15k cost to change to get in one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rayaan,

You are correct in what you say about the 2018 NX - did think the ride was better, but for £3K getting new spec' 2018 NX Lux - have to say worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice one! Merry Christmas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just done the same and ordered an in stock 2018 Luxury in Sky Blue - collecting Saturday! :yahoo:

Nice to see they all have premium nav now.

Upgrading from my 2007 IS250 so going to feel like a massive upgrade!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jamesm182 said:

Just done the same and ordered an in stock 2018 Luxury in Sky Blue - collecting Saturday! :yahoo:

Nice to see they all have premium nav now.

Upgrading from my 2007 IS250 so going to feel like a massive upgrade!

Hope you got a good discount - assisting your Lexus distributor to make their numbers? - Enjoy Christmas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jamesm182 said:

Just done the same and ordered an in stock 2018 Luxury in Sky Blue - collecting Saturday! :yahoo:

Nice to see they all have premium nav now.

Upgrading from my 2007 IS250 so going to feel like a massive upgrade!

well done James!! :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Steve said:

well done James!! :D

Wondered if you'd notice! :biggrin:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nordiclad said:

Hope you got a good discount - assisting your Lexus distributor to make their numbers? - Enjoy Christmas

Yes was a good deal. I was interested in buying a used F-Sport but it ended up making more financial sense to buy new due to contributions, bigger discounts, freebies, etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jamesm182 said:

Yes was a good deal. I was interested in buying a used F-Sport but it ended up making more financial sense to buy new due to contributions, bigger discounts, freebies, etc...

Poole or Hedgeend??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Steve said:

Poole or Hedgeend??

Poole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0% i hope? 

Hope you never had any bits missing like mine. Check everything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Steve said:

0% i hope? 

Hope you never had any bits missing like mine. Check everything

Let's just say it was a decent deal, but will be checking over thoroughly of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to look at the new NX300h Luxury yesterday.

 

Like

  • new red leather
  • Sat Nav
  • Indicators
  • New Grill
  • Electric Steering wheel
  • Improved mouse pad

No real dislikes.

Would I upgrade from my 2017 NX Luxury, not yet.

It would take an excellent deal to persuade me but I really like the car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After reading members posts I nipped into my Bolton Lexus dealer. Got a test drive in the new uprated NX F sport tomorrow.  Must say more than likely going to order a new one because the deal they offering is unbelievable and would be as Raayans says rude to refuse it. The intimated cost to change from my 15month old 2016 F sport is £5k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd always be looking at the total costs. Dealers have a habit of hiding the true costs of trading up. Do the maths properly and look at total amount to pay of the new deal, be that all cash, part cash and part finance or whole finance (with deposit coming from the existing car trade-in). Then compare this to the total amount to pay of the current deal. £5k seems a reasonably good deal because this represents a hit of about £4k per year. Not bad on a nearly new to a new car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I take all on board what you say Paul.  However it looks even better when you take into account that I bought my present NX as a 6month old ex demo in March this year for less than £36k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£36k cash or £36k total cost to pay or £36k + interest and charges? I'm not prying Tony, I wouldn't expect you to say anything. Sounds like you had a good deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No interest or charges

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Congrats and wish you many happy miles

what level of discount are you talking about if I may kindly ask and is it 0%? Have just carwowed exactly the same car and haven't been impressed truth be told by the level of discount

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/11/2017 at 12:53 PM, nordiclad said:

Speaking to my local Lexus distributor as I had a few issues with the Lexus finance contract wording re early payment on my NX Sonic Titanium Lux (now 7 months old).

 

Then subject change to new 2018 NX – would I like to trade in, OK interested, lets drive new one first.

 

Got time in new Premier, seems quitter when you floor it and the CVT revs up, but did notice the ride was different due to tweaked suspension and chassis. And yes, lots of new toys!

 

What’s the deal, offered standard trade in price, but discount on new one was brilliant (beats CarWow hands down) – if ordered before 31 Dec. Cost me £3k, delivery for new NX Sonic Titanium Lux mid Dec, inc the paint / wheel protection package.

 

All to do with centre sales numbers for 2017.

 

Merry Christmas folks

 

Christmas present has arrived and very nice too. More standard extras on it than I thought – All worth the extra £3K (all in) to switch out my 7 month NX Lux.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope you a happy chappy Nordiclad. Happy motoring. My azure blue f sport is due to arrive at showroom. Looking forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now