Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New car - a GSF

5 hours ago, Mark G said:

That could be the one they sold, I remember seeing a blue one around Swindon quite often and I know they were the supplying dealer.

I think it was parked in my town back in the Summer. Looked absolutely stunning.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

So....

Newcastle Lexus have black with black (and white ISF stitching) GSF in their used car stock. Arrived this morning, I've been out in it, quite taken by it. And most importantly they're being sensible with numbers.

Anyway a couple of quick questions.

The car is a September '16 (66 plate).

When were the variable rate dampers fitted to the GSF?

And the caliper colour - I thought it was originally bronze metallic - the calipers on this car are a bright chrome orange (like the lotus orange) - is this std or am I mistaken with the bronze colour?

My car is going in for a check over by the garage in the morning - so lets see what they have to say then!

• Like 1

@Killysprint Tim the Orange is standard always has Been  on the Gsf here, whereas it’s always been black on the Rcf.

Other markets have the Orange on both cars.

I believe the dampers became variable from the first week in December 2016, but someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly, @ColinBarber over to you😉

🐀

1 hour ago, Killysprint said:

So....

Newcastle Lexus have black with black (and white ISF stitching) GSF in their used car stock. Arrived this morning, I've been out in it, quite taken by it. And most importantly they're being sensible with numbers.

And the caliper colour - I thought it was originally bronze metallic - the calipers on this car are a bright chrome orange (like the lotus orange) - is this std or am I mistaken with the bronze colour?

My car is going in for a check over by the garage in the morning - so lets see what they have to say then!

Lexus released the official AVS update in December 2016. I would presume 66 plates registered after this would have AVS fitted but, there are always some cars which lie around for a bit and don't get registered so its not a hard fact. However, its unlikely the AVS is fitted to the September 66 plate.

Presumably the AVS ones have a Sport S+ mode unlike the others?

Caliper colour is Orange on all GS-F's - bright orange!

There's an absolutely fantastic looking Sonic Titanium GS-F with red leather and 17k on Autotrader for £38k.

Im half tempted - would only have to put £1k down if swapping the RX.....hmmmm

2 hours ago, Killysprint said:

So....

There used to be a sticky with gsf specs but it’s gone now! 😎

good luck if you decide to take the plunge 👍🏻

Great looking cars

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Killysprint said:

Factory built vehicles from September 2016 onwards.

Built to order in the UK from end November 2016, and realistically in the country only from Feb 2017 onwards. However Lexus probably had some press vehicles and dealer showroom vehicles already on order which arrived and were registered in Dec 2016.

Equally there were possibly some pre-September 2016 built unregistered vehicles in the country that didn't get registered/sold until 2017 so you need to check carefully if it's an option you want.

• Like 1

All GSFs have Sport + mode, not just the ones with adjustable dampers...

All calipers are orange.

I’ve been in a GSF with them, and own one without. I couldn’t tell you which one is ‘better’. The standard fixed springs are very good. The adjustable suspension is a bit different, but unless you tried them back to back, you’d never notice...

• Like 1

@Killysprint Tim how you getting on with the Gsf Hunt ? I see the pictures of the Newcastle car are up, noticed a non standard wheel colour on it, Black, gives it that American ‘Murder Motor ‘ look to it 😊

🐀

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 1/25/2018 at 1:33 PM, Killysprint said:

I've got itchy feet.

A sensibly coloured GSF (sonic silver with black leather) has appeared in the dealer network not that far from home, at Lexus Teesside. Seems it's come straight from Lexus UK, one owner and low miles. I realise that others are for sale at other dealers in the effluent south but realistically its a days travel there and back to see any of them, then the same again to pick up, don't really want the hassle.....

I've had my ISF(2011 facelift) coming up to 2 years and 17,000 miles at the start of the summer and it is a great car. Utterly dependable, reliable, comfortable, quick, effortless on the motorway, rare and remarkably better on fuel than the M5 touring (known to friends as George, as in Best as it liked a drink) that came before it. And like the M5, depreciation is / has been glacial, but fortunately unlike the M5 though, I'm not on first name terms with the service department at the dealers!

The reliability of the thing is the main attraction of the GSF over all of its rivals - and to be honest it was the same for the ISF.I looked at all the options before I decided on the ISF - M3/4/5, RS4/6, C/E 63, Jaaaag XFR/F-type. But it came down to the reliability, the same questions over the potentials on the list are still there now. A mate has owned a RS3 from new (its now 2) - has been in countless times to Audi, one 10 week(!!!!!!) period for a misfire, and is onto its 5th set of front brakes due to squealing and juddering of the front discs. I couldn't and wouldn't put up with issues like this. Maybe I've had my opinions of the other manufactures cars clouded by this friends experience , in the same period my ISF has been to the dealers twice - once for a service, the other time for the airbag upgrade.   I'm not the most tolerant when it comes to the incompetence of dealers and their shortcomings, so keeping away from them is only good for them as well as my blood pressure!

I'm off to see the GSF over the weekend. The opinion of the OP and another poster on the thread is that it's been a positive experience moving to the GSF, has there been any downsides yet, any problems raised their ugly heads?

My concerns are it's size and depreciation. 

Size wise the ISF is spot on. We very rarely as a family use the car, but if we do, its big enough, if a little tight. The GSF is a class up - it may too big. My wife has a company e-class estate that does the family/dog stuff, the question to myself is do I need another big car?

I've been lucky with the last half a dozen or so cars I've had where depreciation hasn't happened or been very slow (except for a ruinous Merc estate). I realise that its part and parcel of owning a car - and as with all the GSFs up for sale its taken a huge hit to date - but as I'm tight I'd hope that the rate of decline in the value has slowed somewhat to make the depreciation more palatable.

Against the GSF the first offer for the ISF is quite encouraging certainly in the right ballpark. Its unlikely that the GSF in 2 years time would achieve the same level of depreciation!

So, that's where I am, anyone who has made the change to an GSF your opinions will be gratefully received, and I'll let you know how I get on at the weekend!!

So here we are exactly a year on from this post and I picked up my GSF this morning. 

Black with black interior, 2016 demo + 1 owner car.

Quite taken by it. First impressions are very good, similar in so many ways to the ISF, built like a bank vault, great driving position but in terms of the driver interface and tech. It’s chalk and cheese, it’s amazing how much has changed in a few years.

I’ve only driven it 15 or so miles and have the run from Stranraer to Newcastle later to get to know the car a lot better, but the most notable point on the car is the seats.  Possibly the best of any car I’ve had, awesome, hold you well, and extremely comfortable.

not sure if it’s as quick as the ISF though.... no doubt will get the opportunity to find out later if the weather behaves.

As it’s seems with Lexus dealers across the UK - they’ve been easy and a pleasure to deal with, even though they’re part of the lookers group....

and they’ll no doubt have a well loved ISF up for sale in the next week or so. 

Looking forward to the drive home, just hope it dries up a bit!

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Killysprint said:

So here we are exactly a year on from this post and I picked up my GSF this morning. 

Black with black interior, 2016 demo + 1 owner car.

Quite taken by it. First impressions are very good, similar in so many ways to the ISF, built like a bank vault, great driving position but in terms of the driver interface and tech. It’s chalk and cheese, it’s amazing how much has changed in a few years.

I’ve only driven it 15 or so miles and have the run from Stranraer to Newcastle later to get to know the car a lot better, but the most notable point on the car is the seats.  Possibly the best of any car I’ve had, awesome, hold you well, and extremely comfortable.

not sure if it’s as quick as the ISF though.... no doubt will get the opportunity to find out later if the weather behaves.

As it’s seems with Lexus dealers across the UK - they’ve been easy and a pleasure to deal with, even though they’re part of the lookers group....

and they’ll no doubt have a well loved ISF up for sale in the next week or so. 

Looking forward to the drive home, just hope it dries up a bit!

Hope you get a smooth return ferry crossing.  At least the sun's out now.  Enjoy the drive home!

I'll keep an eye out for your ISF.