Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SatNav

Right, I've found the best place to put the sat nav on my is300.  Just in front of the gear lever, with a couple stick pads

and blue-tac to stop it sliding around. Yes it does mean I have to look down, but as I go mostly be voice commands

this isn't a safety issue. It's also not on display to the low life, and I have a bit of black cloth to hide it when parked.

I have driven quite a lot of hire cars with work, and personally don't see the issues with the lexus system (mine is the standard nav, with dial, zero experience the premium).  Traffic updates reasonably well and directions are generally pretty good.  I think the seperate / stand alone / phone systems will always be a better option, more flexible, especially as the car ages and tech moves on.

I did want to get the mirror link working so I could put my phone screen on the car screen, but have never managed to get it working.  It would be nice if OEMS would allow the car's screen to be just a monitor so you can plug in whatever you want to the car, bit like how you can cast a phone or laptop to the TV.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to add. I have tried the built in satnav again, but it's still a complete mystery to me. So over complicated, with multiple

menus for every command...I just don't have the patience to try and master it.

Hi

I am new in this forum and going to get my first Lexus IS300H next week. Is the Lexus nav-system same than in my Rav4 Hybrid MY2017? And is the uppdate-process same kind than Toyota has? So, is it possible to uppdate new map-versions by the car owner?

Uti

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. Just got a IS300h luxury with premium nav. Could do with a recommended seller for a new sd card. Is it worth just updating using the files in a previous post, menu update only I think, or should I go the whole hog and do the latest map?

Lexus said it's £200 for the SD card but weren't keen to get me one strangely!

I started a thread in the NX forum regarding the SatNav updates but didn't get any replies.

have a look at this link to see what's available.

https://www.satnavishop.co.uk/2018-lexus-premium-sat-nav-sd-card-navigation-map-update-652-p.asp?utm_source=LexusOwnersClubUK&utm_medium=ForumLinks

2 minutes ago, DaveyBoy said:

I found that place. Is it trustworthy? Do you know anyone who bought from them personally?

I don't know.  I asked the same question when I started the thread and didn't get any replies.  I can only assume that nobody has updated their NX SatNav

I pick the car up on Monday. I'm guessing the map will be 2014 so will probably look into buying something.  Depends on how easy it is to use first though - many have said it's a bit of a pig.  The other Firmware 2016 thread has the VD1204B.zip file with a recent update that I could put on for now.  It appears to solve a few minor issues and one person said the performance of nav improved.  Sounds tempting.

Not having Carplay / Auto stopped me from buying a much newer car.  I might not stay with Lexus next time if things don't improve in that dept.

@bluenose1940 appreciated.  I'll have a play with the nav and see if it's worth £44 or whatever it was.  I'll let you know if that website was any good if I buy from them.