Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First post and desperate for some help

first of all great forum and i hope someone can help me out

heres the story anyway

7TH JUNE 2002

3:20pm just after football match

some nob in a black bmw reversed his car into my lexus is200 se

and then drove of at high speed i was unable to chase him as bumper was pushed into wheel and although i got his registration police have yet done anything to find him as it was a company car

funny thing is car belongs to pearl assurance who just fobbed me off and this company sells car insurance life and

pensions lol

i have the feeling i going to be shafted over this and my insurance £2k a year now :(

are being right ****s as there has been no liable 3rd party

so i am beggining to look for lexus parts to get my pride n joy sorted myself so i dont have to claim of my insurance

i need

offside wing

offside headlight cluster

bumper with washer fitting for headlights washers

bonnet

anyone put me in a direction to get prices on the net for such parts???

i do have pics of the cars damage but dunno how to display them i am on icq 81573246 if anyone wants to look and see if its worse than i think

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Send the picture to me at steve@teamlexus.co.uk and i will reupload the picture for you as there is a 60k limit.

I am sure quite a few guys here will assist you with your requirements.

I agree with GRiM

I was almost ran over once when a car lost control and I jumped outta the way and the car slid into a parked car and wrote it off... The guy sped off without stopping.. but I got his numberplate.

The police have to resolve this matter because an offence has been commited.

Welcome to the club. Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Agree with the guys above - this matter should be dealt with more assertively, promptly and adequately by the Police. I would certainly follow up with them and push them to deal with the matter.

As for parts, you have the obvious option of purchasing parts from a dealer, however, a breaker would probably be a better option. Unfortunately, I'm unaware of any, but maybe someone else knows of one.

Best of luck - I really hope you get it sorted.

So sorry to hear about this - some people are just scum.

The guys are right though - absolutely get the Police involved, and don't do anything to your car yet - you'll be mitigating your claim. Pearl's head office is in Peterborough - have you tried calling them up there - ask to speak to their MD!! - failing that, Pearl is part of the AMP Group of companies - head office is in Finsbury Avenue, London - try there.

Behaviour like this is outrageous and providing you're sure that you are in the right (and that the incident took place on a public highway) I'd insist that the Police do something about it.

Good luck - keep us informed about how you get on please.

thnxs guys

the police are involved i called them straight away

20 minutes they arrived

and i have phoned them this is what i was told

the officer dealing with this clocked off friday at 5pm and isnt back on duty till tuesday so no one is doing anything

all i got told was the car was a company car belonging to Pearl Assurance

i think the way police handle this is all wrong it should not be upto 1 police man to deal with this

and now the scumbag who hit me and drove off has had all weekend to make up a story i wont be suprised if come monday morning amazingly the bmw was stolen over the weekend

i doubt the driver was a thief as he was about 45 years old grey slicked back hair well built white male

bit old for a joyrider i think

and surely if it was a stolen car police would of known this by now if not before he hit me

[Edited on 9-6-2002 by Unlucky]

Unlucky,

Sorry to hear about your Lexus.

If you end up getting it fixed yourself I know of two scapyards who have IS 200's in and are breaking them up.

One is a 00 W auto and the second yard has two a 2000 and a 2002.

I have sent you a u2u with the details.

Unlucky - even though you may not want to claim on your insurance, I strongly advise you to tell them what's going on - they may help you to pusue the person who hit you, and assist you with legal advice and help should you need it.

Originally posted by Unlucky

i already informed my insurance m8 and as its weekend no one seems to want to help so in other words dont have a bang on a friday cos you knackered if you do

Pretty shabby - what's the insurance company??:?:

Unlucky,

I your insurance cover includes legal assitance, I suggest your make a claim, get the solicitors to pursue the claim on your behalf.

My brother had a similar case where he was hit and the driver did not stop.

It took a while, but the police did track him down, and his insurance coy has now agreed to pay for the damages.

As long as you have a case against the 3rd party, your insurance will not be affected. The fact that the driver did not stop has already put things in your favour.

You will have to persist, in my brother's case it took over 5months!

Yes, you've got to stick with these things. Even if they trace the guy and he had no insurace, you will still get help from you insurance company.

You should check to see if your insurer also gave (sold) you Driver Legal Protection Cover. This will allow you to take the matter to court and won't cost you. The cover will pick up the tab for legal fees. Worked for me in the past when (of all the people) a solicitor bumped me wifes car then denied it!

thnxs guys

police have tracked down the guy apparently he phoned in day after and reported he hit someone

but now coppers dragging there heels aint even spoke to him and all i want them to do is give me his insurance details cos at mo my insurance paying for damages

Very fishy sounding!! Sounds like a drink driver to me!! Do a runner then ring the police when your sober!! I think he will still get done quite badly though because it's classed as hit & run!!

Im gutted for you mate.......hope it all gets sorted quickly.

The law states that if you do not stop and provide your details at the scene:

You must report the accident at a police station or to a police constable as soon as you can and in any case within 24 hours.

So if he did that he hasn't broken any laws...

[Edited on 12-6-2002 by ricky_is200]

Originally posted by ricky_is200

The law states that if you do not stop and provide your details at the scene:

So if he did that he hasn't broken any laws...

[Edited on 12-6-2002 by ricky_is200]

Not quite right Ricky.

It says if you have an accident YOU MUST STOP, and if you damage any property and the owner IS NOT AROUND to give your details to him, then report it to the Police within 24Hrs.

He DID NOT STOP.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links