Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Isf for sale at Hedge End Southampton

3 hours ago, Comedian said:

I'll wager they've but between 2.5 and 3 on.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I’d say more like 5.

That’s too much for a 2008 (not very low miles either). I while ago on here a chap was selling a 2011 with warranty for the same price...yeah I know a dealer car will of course be more but I wouldn’t be surprised if that car remains at the dealer for a good while if the price remains that high (as nice as it may be).

I’ve missed out on two 2008 ISFs, both will less miles and great history (one having a 2 year warranty), for a lot less than that.

I am of course bias as I want to buy an ISF! Another example of an ISF going to a dealer though when there are buyers here...which makes me sad (though I do understand why) ;(

• Like 2

That’s mine!

A great example (IMO!) with a H&S exhaust, Takeda intake and 2013 OEM suspension. It’s had money poured at it simply because I loved it. I left the dealer with an A4 lever-arch folder of every single piece of paper documenting every single pound that was ever spent on it! It’s had a new water pump and the airbag recall. I think £21,450 is a tad ambitious, but that’s up to them...

I part ex’d it through the dealers as I had in mind a cost to upgrade, and because of the excellent condition of the ISF, there was some room for manoeuvring on the GSF price - anyway, we made the deal work. I know selling privately *may* have netted me a few quid more, but not much, and probably not in the timeframe I wanted - these are rare cars and genuine buyers are as rare! 

As for the actual financial details - Should I reveal them? As I say, I wasn’t bothered by the part-ex value, or the sale price of the GSF; just the difference between the two. The ISF was worth about what I expected from a main dealer, and I managed to save about 10% on the advertised price on the GSF. 

As always, happy to discuss! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrfunex said:

... @BUG4LIFE isn’t a million miles off though...

Mate, don't tell us the figure, I don't want to know!

I totally understand why you guys have been trading your ISF's in - the time, worry and fuss you save is more important than a couple of grand. For me though it's a killer as another great example has a huge amount of cash added to the asking price [I doubt Hedge End have done anything to the car either].

I'm going to keep my eye on these few cars though and maybe make a more realistic offer in the future...I have time of my side!

Out of interest, anyone know what a dealer would expect to make on a part-ex at this price? If Hedge End get near their asking price that's like 25% profit!

Not wanting to take the side of a dealer but they aren't making 25% profit, by the time you take into account the price of the warranty they will put on the car, the wages of everyone involved in the prep and the overheads while the car is sat in a well lit warm showroom giving out free coffee and biscuits the margin is coming down all the time.

They may sell the car for 25% more than they paid for it but it certainly isn't all profit. 

39 minutes ago, Mark G said:

Not wanting to take the side of a dealer but they aren't making 25% profit, by the time you take into account the price of the warranty they will put on the car, the wages of everyone involved in the prep and the overheads while the car is sat in a well lit warm showroom giving out free coffee and biscuits the margin is coming down all the time.

They may sell the car for 25% more than they paid for it but it certainly isn't all profit. 

@Mark G Well your old isF looked very cold sat outside today at Lexus Cheltenham so cold it had turned 'Blue' 

Oh and yes coffee and biscuits I smashed into those I cannot tell a lie 😂

🐀

14 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Mark G Well your old isF looked very cold sat outside today at Lexus Cheltenham so cold it had turned 'Blue' 

Oh and yes coffee and biscuits I smashed into those I cannot tell a lie 😂

🐀

Those Lexus buscuits aren't cheap, the the dealerships struggle to break even when certain folk from here are in for their service.... 

_20171129_205727.thumb.JPG.2ab398132f836363ba8472e5482ef90e.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark G said:

My bad, I didn’t mean profit. Just wondering what percentage a dealer would expect to make on a year 10 year old car that they took in as part ex for just above mid teens? Does the warranty cost them any cash too?

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82I am relieved I quite like the look of............... all of those 😊

Are you going to order some for Xmas presents 🎁 

🐀

Great idea, who wouldn't want a Lexus based biscuit treat for Christmas 🤔 

2 hours ago, Warrington guy said:

BUG4LIFE these a superb example just come on autotrader at parkway . O9 32 k miles  . Tad over 20k . Got to be worth a visit. 

That does look nice. Wonder if it’s been owned by anyone on here?

@BUG4LIFE This car is EO59EAF I highlighted this car a short time ago when it came up for sale through the owner Trevor Owlett, he joined the forum to sell had no real interest so sold to a dealer, full history low miles what's not to like, shame it's £3k more now.

Big Rat

• Like 1

Ah yeah I do remember. I think it had 5+ owners [which could mean 6, 7, 8....1000!!] and as my preference would be to buy one with a few less, I think I decided against it! I am coming round to not worrying about total number of owners though, as long as the cars been very well looked after. It's more to do with seeing it in the future to tell the truth.

19 hours ago, emjay82 said:

When I come to sell, I might offer it to the forum for a very short period, otherwise it will be part ex'd at the dealer. 

I did this with my 135i on a BMW forum. Some guy started communicating with me over it, said I had it priced to high then later bought it from a dealer (after I'd part ex'd it for the Lex ) for £3K more than I was offering it to him privately. It still had 12 months of the manufacturers warranty, a year on the service plan, had just had a major service (inc plugs).

The daft thing was that the forum starting moaning it was too high yet when it appeared at the main dealer there was a race on the same forum to buy it. I guess main dealer protection is worth its weight in gold, the possibility of part ex and also more importantly finance options come into play. 

• Like 1