Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trickle Charger

I have an mxs 5 and used it to previously to maintain Battery on 2 Range Rover Sports and a discovery sport without problems 

Basically as i understand it the 5 is small but ideal for long periods of use

Planning to use it on my rc now because of flat Battery yesterday after about a week parked up

17 minutes ago, Muddywheels said:

I have an mxs 5 and used it to previously to maintain battery on 2 Range Rover Sports and a discovery sport without problems 

Basically as i understand it the 5 is small but ideal for long periods of use

Planning to use it on my rc now because of flat battery yesterday after about a week parked up

Your new RC has suffered a flat Battery after only a week parked? Surely this must be because of an unusual drain somewhere? The 12v Battery only monitors the entry system and powers up the computers for the hybrid traction Battery to take over all the running functions.

Are you going to get this looked into? I was hoping, ney, expecting my RC to happily stand for many days without issue. unlike my CLS55 which barely survived 3 days... (and why I also have an MXS5, very good kit)

I expected it would be ok for many weeks so will definitely be getting dealer to check battery :sad:

I have a dashcam with parking record but it's supposed to shut down if Battery low and it's not caused flat Battery before on any other vehicle :unsure:

Now I'm taking advantage of preheated Mitsy with heated steering wheel etc I'm planning to attach ctek anyway to rc 

I should add only used ctek on RRS and DS because I did a lot of short trips which meant auto stop/start function only worked if I kept Battery maintained - same for on-board tv and timed climate

• Like 1

ok Now this unit looks interesting and it gave me a thought. 

Firstly I don't mean to thread jack here but wanted to ask will the below setup work with this charging unit....The main reason being I do not have access to a wall power plug where I park my car so would I be able to put a standalone car Battery on the ground next to the car and have the below setup running?

5a1ec36276f8e_ISFCHARGE.thumb.jpg.b331fff825f60a759bbb0b65ad1531b6.jpg

Please don't laugh at my illustration, its the easiest way I could find to explain what I'm trying to do :smile:

My first thoughts are no. You are basically using a 12v Battery to charge another 12v Battery through a convertor that will have losses. At best the batteries will equalise? 

The Ctek needs an "unlimited" electrical supply to push energy into the depleted Battery

Connected mine this morning and checked it before tea and it's showing full charge now after yesterdays AA jump start 

I've got some nuts today and going to connect comfort lead tomorrow so it will be easy to use when parked

Plan to get Battery checked by dealer when I've time