Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've got my first squeak in my 2014 GS ... the damn foot rest.  It only squeaks when it is cold and stops after about 20 minutes when the car gets warm.

Anyone got any ideas how to cure it or should I just move to a warmer climate?

47 minutes ago, olliesgrandad said:

Drive barefoot :) 

It is a thought. Technically it would only need to be my left foot shoeless. 

It is worryingly that a little squeak is my only major moan (if you ignore the inability of the CD player to display track details)

I thought I'd got a squeak in my 2002 IS300 the other day. It seemed to be coming from the armrest area and I was all ready to set the car on fire and push it off a quarry edge when I realised it was the sleeve buttons on my Austin Reed tweed blazer. Unfortunately Austin Reed as was went into administration in 2016. If only everything in life could be as reliable as a Lexus.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Northern_Si said:

It is a thought. Technically it would only need to be my left foot shoeless. 

It is worryingly that a little squeak is my only major moan (if you ignore the inability of the CD player to display track details)

According to the Driving Standards Agency – the body that regulates the UK driving test – “suitable shoes are particularly important behind the wheel. We would not recommend driving barefoot because you don’t have the same braking force with bare feet as you do with shoes on.”

4 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

According to the Driving Standards Agency – the body that regulates the UK driving test – “suitable shoes are particularly important behind the wheel. We would not recommend driving barefoot because you don’t have the same braking force with bare feet as you do with shoes on.”

I better start working on some decent hard skin.

seriously I could not drive bare foot or in flip flops. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/11/2017 at 11:45 AM, Northern_Si said:

Surface Squeak I think. It seems to happen when I move my foot. It happens with both my leather sole shoes and my walking shoes so I don’t think it is my shoes. 

Maybe be some silicone cleaner will fix it. 

Never put silicone anywhere near pedals!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Newbie1 said:

Never put silicone anywhere near pedals!

It is only the rest for my left foot. I found an alternative solution I took the car to Valencia via Portugal and the warmth has stopped the squeak. Also averaging over 40mpg for the trip which has including periods of making progress on the motorways.  

16 minutes ago, Northern_Si said:

It is only the rest for my left foot. I found an alternative solution I took the car to Valencia via Portugal and the warmth has stopped the squeak. Also averaging over 40mpg for the trip which has including periods of making progress on the motorways.  

must admit I wouldnt of thought of that fix :-)