Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC 300H review Part Two

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst I like the RC300h, the current prices means they are just not a viable option.  Firstly, there is no reason not to pick a £35k RCF over a £30k RC300H.  The former is so much more car for little extra money.  I know all RC300H's are relatively new but they should be around the IS300h F sport £15k used prices to be in someones short list.

M4s are approx £30k these days and still depreciating.

Its no wonder why these cars are not selling. 

• Like 1

Same dilemma for me... as well RC300h F-sport doesn't have ACC/PCS even as an option, cars with ML are rare as unicorns, Premier trim is almost non-existent and to find used RC300h in right colour and with right boxes ticked is hard and you inevitably have to make compromises. Contrary, all RC-F comes with ML, most have sunroofs (at least for me that is bonus) and you can even find one fully loaded with whole trinity of options (TVD, Sunroof and ACC/PCS), the even tend to have lower mileage and the only difference is really that used RC-F are often 2015 rather than 2016 like RC300h. For the car it is almost same price for RC-F seems no brainer...

• 6 years later...

I understand about comparing the Rc f to the the 300h in terms of price but the biggest difference between the 2 is the insurance premiums...the 300h is 32 and the Rc f is around 50 which is a massive difference between 2 massive different cars 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Michael Wilson said:

I understand about comparing the Rc f to the the 300h in terms of price but the biggest difference between the 2 is the insurance premiums...the 300h is 32 and the Rc f is around 50 which is a massive difference between 2 massive different cars 

This is massively old thread, so much of the discussion is probably irrelevant anymore. But in terms of insurance it would cost me ~£600 to insure either RC-F or RC300h F-Sport. There may be £50 difference between them. So insurance category thing is really just 1 out of million criteria that impact your insurance premium. 

Yes I understand its a old thread but having recently upgraded to a 19 plate rc300 from a 66 plate I am looking at all the reviews regarding the FL models and found it difficult to get quotes for a rc f model 

Do you mean just F-Sport or actual RC-F. Because yes even between say Luxury and F-Sport there is insurance category difference and to be fair there was bigger difference between RC300h F-Sport and Luxury, than it was between RC300h F-Sport and RC-F.

When I moved from IS300h F-Sport to GS F my insurance changed from around £350 to £420. But that was a few years ago now, since then we are seeing massive insurance increases across the board and increases in Lexus thefts.

On 11/30/2017 at 11:53 AM, Farqui said:

Agreed, a level headed review.

Does anyone know what a 'tree series' is?

:biggrin:

It's a well known fact that BMW 3 series cars(especially from the 1980's) had a propensity to throw themselves into the nearest ditch,or tree.Hence "tree series".

5 hours ago, DavidCM said:

It's a well known fact that BMW 3 series cars(especially from the 1980's) had a propensity to throw themselves into the nearest ditch,or tree.Hence "tree series".

Nice try, but I doubt it had anything to do with the cars thought... just people driving them.

I think this comment would be fair for 911, especially 911 Turbo of old, but 3-Series was disappointingly mediocre and especially in 80s when many cars were RWD they were similar to any other premium car on the road. 

On 11/30/2017 at 11:53 AM, Farqui said:

Agreed, a level headed review.

Does anyone know what a 'tree series' is?

:biggrin:

Surely that’s another name for an avenue?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links