Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Good evening guys,

I wonder if someone might be able to shed some light (no pun intended) on a problem i'm having with my ls430.

My  drivers side headlamp turns itself off I thought it was a loose wire as it came back on next time I drove it however I soon discovered that when it goes off while driving if I turn the lights off and on again both come on so it wont be a loose connection. 

Any ideas welcome crackpot or otherwise. even happy to cover the car in tin foil if that will apease the god of light.

many thanks

If they're xenons, there's a very good chance it'll be the bulb itself on its way out. It could be the ballast but it's more likely to be the bulb.

If it is the bulb then I'd change the other one too because if they're both the same age then the other one is likely to fail soon and also xenons 'colour shift' with age. I remember reading that if you put in, for example, 4300K bulbs, five years later they would look more like 6000K so your new one will look different to the old one if you don't change it at the same time.

8 hours ago, sorcerer said:

If they're xenons, there's a very good chance it'll be the bulb itself on its way out. It could be the ballast but it's more likely to be the bulb.

If it is the bulb then I'd change the other one too because if they're both the same age then the other one is likely to fail soon and also xenons 'colour shift' with age. I remember reading that if you put in, for example, 4300K bulbs, five years later they would look more like 6000K so your new one will look different to the old one if you don't change it at the same time.

That's certainly true.  I changed just one and it looked so different I had to change them both.  I think the Lexus eBay shop do them for a decent price, as do Halfords.  I know you can get really cheap ones, but as fitting them is awkward I personally would fit some decent ones.