Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

rear seat access

First off,  only had my 300h a couple of weeks. Still a bit stary eyed realising this beauty is in my garage. Every drive is a joy. Anyway, no idea why the drivers seat no longer automatically moves forward when I pull it forward for rear seat access. The passenger side works fine. Could I have disabled this function somehow?? A couple  of pics of her from the weekend. 

Roger.

171126 RC 04.jpg

171126 RC 01.jpg

Glad you are enjoying your RC (same colours as mine and well suited to the car).    Unless the spec has changed since MY2016, the driver seat

slides forward only when activated by the relative switch in the base.  Unlike the passenger seat, which slides when folded forward and then

returns to a single position upon being released,  the availability of the memory function means the driver seat can be made to automatically

re-position itself within a range of pre-set choices.

11 hours ago, R07ARY said:

First off,  only had my 300h a couple of weeks. Still a bit stary eyed realising this beauty is in my garage. Every drive is a joy. Anyway, no idea why the drivers seat no longer automatically moves forward when I pull it forward for rear seat access. The passenger side works fine. Could I have disabled this function somehow?? A couple  of pics of her from the weekend. 

Roger.

171126 RC 04.jpg

171126 RC 01.jpg

I had the seat moving forward issue with my RC-F, when you lift the handle and move the back of the seat forward try pushing the back of the seat towards the steering wheel, because its a new car the seat is a bit stiff, for the first few times it my need a little help, also in time the leather will get supple and the back of the seat will fall further forward by itself triggering the switch.  if this doesn't work then its a trip back to the dealer ship. 

Update.

Popped into Listers Lexus and they took a look.  They got it to work immediately however had found my emergency high vis vest under the seat and suspected this might have interfered with the system. Although i was still able to move the seat backwards and forwards manually.  Anyway working now and need another home for my high vis.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links