Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450H Adaptive cruise

Hi,

quick question from a newbie about to buy an RX450h...

Can you permanently turn off the Adaptive cruise control which is on some of the higher-spec models I'm interested in?

I have used Adaptive cruise control before and don't like it - I much prefer manual cruise.
I have read some people saying there is a way to turn it off but do you have to do it every time you start the car or does it remember?

Many thanks

James

1 hour ago, James_1970 said:

Hi,

quick question from a newbie about to buy an RX450h...

Can you permanently turn off the Adaptive cruise control which is on some of the higher-spec models I'm interested in?

I have used Adaptive cruise control before and don't like it - I much prefer manual cruise.
I have read some people saying there is a way to turn it off but do you have to do it every time you start the car or does it remember?

Many thanks

James

Yes you can - just hold the cruise control stalk down for a few seconds rather than just knocking it down once.

Having said that, the adaptive cruise on the RX is very good but the distance setting has to be put to the closest

15 hours ago, James_1970 said:

Thanks but do you have to hold the stalk down every time you use it or does it remember for next time?

I believe you have to turn the car off after you've turned it to conventional cruise for it to go back to adaptive.

The video below is quite helpful in understanding the system.

Be aware that this is for the IS though - the RX has the same controls but it is Full speed capable - all the way down to standstill.

• Like 1