Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Battery Still Flat Some Mornings

I have been reluctant to post before this as I wanted to make sure that the car could go through as many different weather conditions and keep a record of if the car starts or the Battery is flat again. Once the cold weather arrived 6 to 8 weeks ago I was experiencing flat batteries on most cold days, the Battery is 9 months old. I checked the car that there were no lights left on once the car was all locked up and that was OK. Then I thought hows about taking the phone completely off its cradle as I never turn it off and hey presto no more flat batteries. Even on the coldest mornings the starter motor spins nice and fast and away we go. So if you have a Nokia phone cradle and you suffer flat batteries give it a go.

• Like 1

OMG the phone as almost an integral part of the car ............  would never cross my mind, my Iphone is pinned to me during the ( working )  day and sits turned off at my bedside at night ....... it needs to sleep too  :unsure:

Well done finding the culprit however

Malc

3 hours ago, Bluesman said:

I have been reluctant to post before this as I wanted to make sure that the car could go through as many different weather conditions and keep a record of if the car starts or the battery is flat again. Once the cold weather arrived 6 to 8 weeks ago I was experiencing flat batteries on most cold days, the battery is 9 months old. I checked the car that there were no lights left on once the car was all locked up and that was OK. Then I thought hows about taking the phone completely off its cradle as I never turn it off and hey presto no more flat batteries. Even on the coldest mornings the starter motor spins nice and fast and away we go. So if you have a Nokia phone cradle and you suffer flat batteries give it a go.

Result! Well done!

4 hours ago, Bluesman said:

I have been reluctant to post before this as I wanted to make sure that the car could go through as many different weather conditions and keep a record of if the car starts or the battery is flat again. Once the cold weather arrived 6 to 8 weeks ago I was experiencing flat batteries on most cold days, the battery is 9 months old. I checked the car that there were no lights left on once the car was all locked up and that was OK. Then I thought hows about taking the phone completely off its cradle as I never turn it off and hey presto no more flat batteries. Even on the coldest mornings the starter motor spins nice and fast and away we go. So if you have a Nokia phone cradle and you suffer flat batteries give it a go.

So, does this mean Mike, that your phone connection was hard wired to the phone connection point  either as a standard or had been hard wired by a previous owner ?

In my 2003 Merc Eclass my NOKIA IS PROGRAMMED TO SWITCH OFF 30 SECONDS AFTER THE IGNITION HAS BEEN SWITCHED OFF.

It seems that in your case switching off the ignition left the phone connection remained connected to the Battery ?

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

So, does this mean Mike, that your phone connection was hard wired to the phone connection point  either as a standard or had been hard wired by a previous owner ?

In my 2003 Merc Eclass my NOKIA IS PROGRAMMED TO SWITCH OFF 30 SECONDS AFTER THE IGNITION HAS BEEN SWITCHED OFF.

It seems that in your case switching off the ignition left the phone connection remained connected to the battery ?

I have no idea how its wired as it was there when I bought the car 8 years ago. Mine doesn't switch off at all but now I know what given me grief all these years I just take it out of the cradle. Jobs a gooden.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chris Skelton said:

Can you tell I'm the last person alive without a Mobile?

no you're not, my 9 year old granddaughter hasn't yet caught up with her 13 year old sister !

Malc

1 minute ago, runsgrateasanut said:

It was reported on the television the other night that people look at their Mobile phones more than 150 times a day.

Must be more than the number of times per day members look at this Lexus site ! 

More than the number of times per day I look at Mrs NemesisUK .. :yes:

4 hours ago, Malc said:

no you're not, my 9 year old granddaughter hasn't yet caught up with her 13 year old sister !

Malc

About the only time I share a characteristic with a 9 yr old? (No comments about mental age please, though lots of 9 yr olds are pretty sharp!)

Oh, and, Mike.....in my pedant mode; it's 'job's a good 'un'.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chris Skelton said:

About the only time I share a characteristic with a 9 yr old? (No comments about mental age please, though lots of 9 yr olds are pretty sharp!)

Oh, and, Mike.....in my pedant mode; it's 'job's a good 'un'.

"Oh, and, Mike.....in my pedant mode; it's 'job's a good 'un'."

Sorry about that Chris I am dislexus.

• Like 1

No, I'm dis-Lexus, as in....I don't have one anymore! (-:

Seeing spelling/grammar errors is unfortunate - I seem to spot them on 'A' boards from 50 paces, somehow.

But then, I have no sense of smell now....so even me ain't perfect!

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Chris Skelton said:

No, I'm dis-Lexus, as in....I don't have one anymore! (-:

Seeing spelling/grammar errors is unfortunate - I seem to spot them on 'A' boards from 50 paces, somehow.

But then, I have no sense of smell now....so even me ain't perfect!

You're as bad as my wife, she'll spot bad grammar, typos and incorrect punctuation from a mile away.  It's a daunting experience typing when she's watching over me! And now she's got me at it!

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links