Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hybrid groaning noise

Hi I have a 2007 RX 400 H , it has always made a groaning sound sometimes when I press down on the accelerator.. I think this is something to do with the hybrid drive but I’m not sure...

this week the groaning noise has taken longer to subside.. I wanted to know if any other owners had come across this sound and what it means? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks , but I think it’s more of a noise from the generators or the hybrid components.. it’s always done it off and on ever since I had it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Hi guys 

I have the same problem on my Lexus RX400H. I hear a groaning vibrating noise when driving with light press on the  peddle at about 20-30 mph on the engine esp up on a hill. This is not the case when on level roads and downhill or if I drive above 40-50 mph and on hybrid. My suspicion is the transmission. Don't know if changing the transmission fluid might help. Anyone dealt with an issue like that pls. Any ideas. 

Cheers 

Hi 

With this issue, i would first inspect your Carrier Bearing, its basically the bracket that is located in the centre of your prop shaft underneath your car (the big drive runs from your transmission to your rear differential) 

It has a bearing that keeps your prop shaft running dead centre, but common for the rubber around it to perish or to get worn and cause some play/movement under acceleration or load.

My money would be on this

Hope this helps! 

Mal

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I have a Lexus RX400H 2008 with only 36K original miles from when I purchased it new. I have only serviced it with Lexus, but on my last service (six months ago) I am noticing a grinding sound coming from under the front, at speeds up to 30 mph and then it goes away at higher speeds. Any ideas what this may entail before I take it in to Lexus?

30 minutes ago, Hal said:

I have a Lexus RX400H 2008 with only 36K original miles from when I purchased it new. I have only serviced it with Lexus, but on my last service (six months ago) I am noticing a grinding sound coming from under the front, at speeds up to 30 mph and then it goes away at higher speeds. Any ideas what this may entail before I take it in to Lexus?

No idea to be honest but what I can say is that, not using a car enough can create greater problems than you find with high-milers. An average of around 2,500 miles/year is not doing the car any favours at all, so get out there and enjoy driving it :thumbsup:

• Like 1