Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

rc-f gs-f spare wheel possible buy?

4 hours ago, Big Rat said:

I’ve had a reply back from Lexus in Saudi they cannot supplier part numbers without a chassis number so we are going to need someone out there who has an appropriate vehicle.

My car is at Lexus Bristol today having it’s service, and I’ve spoken with Andy Bevan the parts guy and he contacted Lexus uk and this is there e-mail reply ..........

Hi,

I have had a reply back from Lexus, i will paste their reply to my email.

"Good afternoon,

Unfortunately there is no approved space saver / spare wheel kit available to order for this vehicle. 

We can only advise on factory fit equipment and approved Accessories. We are unable to advise on conversions or modifications changing the vehicle from its original supplied specification if no approved Accessories are available".

I am afraid without their help i am struggling to get a part number for one.

The only thing i can suggest is to email a lexus dealer in the middle east to see if they can get a part number, you will probably have to supply a vin number for a Middle Eastern vehicle though.

Regards

Andy Bevan

Lexus Bristol 
Pioneer Park 
Whitby Road 
Bristol 
BS4 3QB

Big Rat

Vin number is the same as chassis number correct? I can PM you mine if that helps....mine is a GCC spec. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@Defratos Absolutely fella never say die and all that it’s an RCF right ?

Big Rat

No it's a 2012 IS-F....the RCF has a different trunk I'm guessing?

From the pic in the first page the spare wheel cover looks different to mine. 

26 minutes ago, Defratos said:

No it's a 2012 IS-F....the RCF has a different trunk I'm guessing?

From the pic in the first page the spare wheel cover looks different to mine. 

@Defratos Ah right confusion reigns, no it’s the RCF/Gsf were after not to worry Matey 👍

🐀

@Comedian So Sean I admire your tenacity, so I've applied some of mine sat up on the roof of this lovely house taking in some rays freezing my b.... off, I've flipped through all the threads on this matter AND we know that the isF space saver doesn't fit BUT will it useing those spacers you've found........  If those roof trusses don't arrive soon.... I'm off to the cafe I can see in the distance:yahoo: 

We really need to try this I feel as if it did its win win on many fronts boot space, costs, ease of availability of steel Isf wheel jack brace etc.

What do you think ?

Big Rat

@Big Rat Are you offering to lend me your space saver, Sir? I could send a fedex man to pick it up.

If it's any consolation I can't stand more than 15 mins in my workshop before heading back to the desk for a warm up in the office.

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

@Big Rat Are you offering to lend me your space saver, Sir? I could send a fedex man to pick it up.

If it's any consolation I can't stand more than 15 mins in my workshop before heading back to the desk for a warm up in the office.

@Comedian Sean I have no problem with that matey, but I’m over your way end of January, you know how I feel about Lincolnshire 😊

Im going to be staying at Woodhall Spa which is only a stones throw from you ?

Big Rat

• 2 months later...

@Big Rat @Comedian Did you make any progress on this. I'm doing a Euro trip with an RC-F soon and they would like to take a space saver with them. Rather than rely on the can of goo.
Possibly something more of interest to you now as well Paul, considering the recent change to RCF :smile:.

• Like 1

We found isf spare won't fit.

Other than that Paul was making enquiries overseas.

Seems the audi spare wheel modification might be the only practical way.

We have 4 German wheels anyway so one more can't hurt :D

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Found where you were referencing the audi solution Sean.

On 10/19/2017 at 9:14 PM, Ostragobulus said:

Really I don't think that many people, including me, are delighted with the spare wheel intruding into the boot so here is my “Mark 2” spare wheel for the RCF.

I claim no credit for the idea which is down to our friend Trevor Ruda of Canada who came up with the idea of using an Audi 19” skinny tyre. Actually this is pretty much the only skinny tyre which is available in 19” diameter, certainly in the UK. There are always lots for sale on eBay.

The advantages of using this wheel are obvious. The flat boot floor is retained, with both the hard plastic tool holder and the carpet on top. Just as it should be.

I have had a wheel adapter custom made which is hub centric with the car and wheel centric with the wheel. The adapter is 30mm thick which ensures clearance of the Lexus wheel studs and of the Brembo calipers. The wheel ends up in about the same position as the regular Lexus wheel when used on the front and a bit further back when used at the rear.

In use it feels just as strange as any emergency skinny tyre.

This post references the following forum post:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-f-2015-present/764289-compact-spare-tire-2.html#post9332627

@Ostragobulus Do you have the drawings for the spacer you had made?

Capture.PNG

Looks like they just custom make adapters, there are plenty of UK companies that will do the same. It's just a case of understanding all the specific measurements and finding the best supplier.

• Like 1

@Toothy David I had a reply back from Lexus Guam who would supply but only with an in country chassis number so that's the end of that, japarts in Derby has there buyer going out to Japan next month I've given him full details and has promised to come back to me.

🐀

• Thanks 1

Update. I've been and purchased a 19" Audi space saver. Off eBay, like new, £70.
Next steps are understanding spacer / modifications required.
Any interest from RC-F owners for a conversion kit if I can get it sorted? (No promises!)

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:17 PM, Toothy said:

@Big Rat @Comedian Did you make any progress on this. I'm doing a Euro trip with an RC-F soon and they would like to take a space saver with them. Rather than rely on the can of goo.
Possibly something more of interest to you now as well Paul, considering the recent change to RCF :smile:.

Slightly of topic here @Toothy, this Euro trip you are doing sounds interesting, any details, route etc..................sorry for the thread hijack boys....................

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Toothy said:

Update. I've been and purchased a 19" Audi space saver. Off eBay, like new, £70.
Next steps are understanding spacer / modifications required.
Any interest from RC-F owners for a conversion kit if I can get it sorted? (No promises!)

@Toothy I'm in 👍

🐀

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mark G said:

Slightly of topic here @Toothy, this Euro trip you are doing sounds interesting, any details, route etc..................sorry for the thread hijack boys....................

I'll be headed down to the Monaco Classic Grand Prix. Back home via Italy, Austria, Germany, Luxembourg and Belgium.
Route so far attached. Approx 2,400 miles. One fellow F. Might start a new thread for suggestions on places to visit etc.

Capture.PNG

• Like 5

@ToothyThat looks epic David, that section you've got there from the bottom of Luxembourg down to below Liechtenstein I did that with some mates ........ now this will date me and the car in 1975 in a rather tired Capri RS2600 fantastic scenery you will love it good on you 👍

Big Rat

• Like 1