Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

rc-f gs-f spare wheel possible buy?

Thanks Graham,

I shall follow your suggestion and make a noise to Lexus, and keep on making it.

I also fancy a free block drive.

• Like 1

@JonP Jon all Far East and near east cars  have it including the Carbons even the isle of Guam I know I’ve spoken with the parts guys there 😂

Lexus even made them for the Lfa for all those markets.

Still not holding my breath though.

🐀

57 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Lexus even made them for the Lfa for all those markets.

🐀

That's handy to know for when I get my next car.

Opinion seems to be divided about whether it is worth pursuing Lexus. I'll throw this in to the mix:

Screen shot attached  from www.oemlexusparts.com (US site ) which suggests  that a spare wheel is available (item 7) for the RC-F although why 2 parts are shown at wildly different prices is a mystery. Shipping costs are likely to be high and there is no guarantee this info is correct.I would think that the GS-F item would be the same although the site lists nothing for the GSF.

The fact that this is being offered indicates to me that a spare wheel does exist in planet Lexus. We just need Lexus UK to  acknowledge  its existence and ship a few over from Japan for us. 

As JonP said the lack of spare wheel might be a type approval issue but my cynical mind thinks the lack of spare wheel on UK cars might be something to do  with :

a) not having anywhere to put it now as the space is full of electronics

b) additional cost and weight.

c) revenue for Lexus dealers in periodically replacing the gunk  as it probably has an expiry date.

d) revenue for Lexus dealers in replacing tyre pressure sensors after the gunk has gummed them up when it is used.

Note also on the US site the  costs for pads and discs. Has anybody managed to source pads  for an RCF at a reasonable price?

Graham

Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 16.23.29.png

• Like 1

Yes, got brembo pads from USA (70quid to do front axle, not used them yet) and spoke to EBC who are busy making sets. Fronts are same as ls460 but rears are special to rc.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Finally Royal (mess-up) Mail delivered the studs. So we got them pressed in, assembled and test drive complete!
Car drives normal with some pulling to one side during braking (which is to be expected).
Quick picture fitted, sorry for poor quality, was in a rush. But this method CAN be done!

IMG-20180316-WA0002.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 06/03/2018 at 5:31 PM, 08ISF said:

Screen shot attached  from www.oemlexusparts.com (US site ) which suggests  that a spare wheel is available (item 7) for the RC-F although why 2 parts are shown at wildly different prices is a mystery. Shipping costs are likely to be high and there is no guarantee this info is correct.I would think that the GS-F item would be the same although the site lists nothing for the GSF.

Note also on the US site the  costs for pads and discs. Has anybody managed to source pads  for an RCF at a reasonable price?

Graham

Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 16.23.29.png

That part code is a space saver for the RC, I cannot see how it will fit the RC F. I suspect that site hasn't categorised things correctly. brake pads too, the cheap ones come up as being for the RC and not the RC F so be careful if ordering from them. Cross check their parts codes with another site such as toyodiy.com

• Like 1

@ColinBarber I believe you are correct had e-mails back now fro Lexus Perth WA who confirm this as when trying to order for Australian customers the RC wheel  with these part numbers turns up and DOES NOT FIT, they have been instructed not order in future when requested.

Big Rat