Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

rc-f gs-f spare wheel possible buy?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19-BLACK-RX-ALLOY-WHEELS-FITS-LEXUS-MAZDA-NISSAN-TOYOTA-MITSUBISHI-MODELS/192141597916?fits=Car+Make%3ALexus|Model%3ARC|Cars+Type%3AF&hash=item2cbc881cdc:g:7OIAAOSwWxNYyVzl

I don't know much about car wheels, anyone think these would make a good emergency spare?

Between 4 of us quite cheap. Stick a nangtang widowmaker on it for £50?

@Comedian That’s the boot rear of an Rc350 in the states, apparently the wheel fits an RCF dispite the larger calipers, if I was you I’d order one in from your local Lexus dealer and simply go there to ensure it fits the front wheel with calliper clearance, because if it does the rear will not be an issue.

Big Rat

Has anybody actually tried the isF spacer saver on their Rcf/Gsf....... I mean actually tried a I know the discs on the isF are 12 or there about and the Gsf/ Rcf are almost 14 but a definitive answer would be good to know.

Big Rat 

Was tried on ClubLexus. A no go I'm afraid.

the IS F spare rim will NOT clear the GS F front brakes. It is not a good option at all unless you want to damage the paint on your calipers while attempting to put on a rim far too small to clear the caliper. Given the calipers on the RC F and the GS F are identical, it's pretty safe to say the IS F spare will NOT fit on the RC F.

Edited by J Henderson
Added quote
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Please tell me the GS-F has a full sized spare as standard!!!!

A can of expanding foam and a pump, unfortunately....

....and a lovely sculpted plastic thing to fill the hole where the spare wheel ought to go! 

• Haha 1

Spare wheels are legal requirement in some countries so the whole has to be designed to hold one and a proper spare must exist.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

This an actual Rcf space saver set up, it is known in the states as the 'Guam ' kit as in that location a space saver is required as it is in some Gulf states where even the Lfa was required to have it, I've e-mailed the appropriate dealer parts department for part numbers and prices which no doubt will be 'prohibitively expensive, but once you get part numbers you can play around on eBay, who knows worth a try AND apparently it fits the Gsf.................IMG_0581.thumb.PNG.42428ac4470005bcfde2044cbdae93db.PNGIMG_0582.thumb.PNG.f68d8e06109dd3ee5443edf7913a3094.PNGIMG_0583.thumb.PNG.f0d1d37f9f6d43888b8e9be1ca95b814.PNG

Big Rat

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Defratos said:

^ Correct, mine came with a full size spare....does add weight but helps whenever I've had a puncture 

Would you be so kind to ask your local dealer for a price of replacements and part numbers please?

I’ve had a reply back from Lexus in Saudi they cannot supplier part numbers without a chassis number so we are going to need someone out there who has an appropriate vehicle.

My car is at Lexus Bristol today having it’s service, and I’ve spoken with Andy Bevan the parts guy and he contacted Lexus uk and this is there e-mail reply ..........

Hi,

I have had a reply back from Lexus, i will paste their reply to my email.

"Good afternoon,

Unfortunately there is no approved space saver / spare wheel kit available to order for this vehicle. 

We can only advise on factory fit equipment and approved Accessories. We are unable to advise on conversions or modifications changing the vehicle from its original supplied specification if no approved Accessories are available".

I am afraid without their help i am struggling to get a part number for one.

The only thing i can suggest is to email a lexus dealer in the middle east to see if they can get a part number, you will probably have to supply a vin number for a Middle Eastern vehicle though.

Regards

Andy Bevan

Lexus Bristol 
Pioneer Park 
Whitby Road 
Bristol 
BS4 3QB

Big Rat