Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2018 Navigation Issue

Just picked up the new 2018 NX (had the 2015 model previously). 

Drove to Manchester trying to make sense of the less than intuitive new navigation which isn’t that easy to read and this warning message popped up!

It won’t go away even after a reboot. Clicking OK or back makes no difference. 

I think it may be because I tried to find the part where you log in to connected services but simply couldn’t find it!

Interestingly the manual with the car shows the old more familiar navigation software so is useless!

Any ideas? Obvs will be phoning Lexus tomorrow 😊

B6DC420F-3B3C-454E-9B05-5EB3A39A2555.jpeg

I think you might have got to the issue thank you - I can’t complete my registration on mylexus until my V5 arrives. I got an email from them saying they have recognised my infotainment system via the portal details I used to log in on the navigation but need to assign it to my vehicle. 

To do this I need certain characters from my V5.

Hopefully that should do the trick!

I had to wait 6 weeks for my v5 usually it's a lot quicker. Once you've done it connect system to your phone wifi hotshot and log in via the portal. Choose an easy password and also make sure to check remember password or you'll have to go through it each time.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

On 03/12/2017 at 8:47 AM, bladgb said:

Just picked up the new 2018 NX (had the 2015 model previously). 

Drove to Manchester trying to make sense of the less than intuitive new navigation which isn’t that easy to read and this warning message popped up!

It won’t go away even after a reboot. Clicking OK or back makes no difference. 

I think it may be because I tried to find the part where you log in to connected services but simply couldn’t find it!

Interestingly the manual with the car shows the old more familiar navigation software so is useless!

Any ideas? Obvs will be phoning Lexus tomorrow 😊

B6DC420F-3B3C-454E-9B05-5EB3A39A2555.jpeg

I haven't had the same error as you, but I have had something similar about it failing to download. I think that might be because I drove away and it was connected to my home WiFi though.

I have managed to register and verify for my Lexus now as the V5 arrived very quickly. The vehicle was registered on the 30th November and I received the V5 on the 2nd December!

Can't see much advantage to registering at the moment though, as there doesn't seem to be that much in the way of connected services right now, and nothing in the "e-store" under the apps section?? Maybe it's too new that they haven't developed anything for it yet?

Thanks - my V5 arrived yesterday and I collected my car on the same day as you!

I followed comedians advice and tried a short journey using the navigation and no message appeared. 

I never got my 2015 NX to talk properly to mylexus but am keen to use the download route feature. Once I get time I will give it a go. 

Hope you enjoy your new NX - I am finding the new features are handy!

I have also transferred from a NX300h (2014) to a premier NX300h. Excellent car but moving to the new nav system does give some challenges.

I think I also had to get the nav system to register with the home Wi-Fi before it was happy. I had the same message but it has now disappeared. I am getting the full printed handbook as part of the deal so some further information might be in that. Couple of comments and questions for others.

1) I used mylexus to create a route and it transferred easily to the car via the home Wi-Fi, very easy compared with the last car. BUT I have not yet found how to transfer locations to the car via the same system. It says that you can but I must be missing something. Anyone know how?

2) I had hoped that I could transfer the memory points from the old vehicle to the new one. I downloaded the old memory points to a USB stick but the new car doesn't seem to recognise it. Anyone know if this is possible as the garage have gone strangely quiet when I ask how to do it!

What advantages does MyLexus offer? Also, is this only really related to the Premium Nav? I only have standard nav. Believe I registered for MyLexus just after purchase but the login never worked and I lost interest so I'd be interested to know please. Thanks

It can pull Tom tom live traffic through your phone. It's better than the rds system as that can be half hour late. Other than that...... No idea. It's a bit 'clunky' to say the least.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2017 at 4:56 PM, Comedian said:

It can pull Tom tom live traffic through your phone. It's better than the rds system as that can be half hour late. Other than that...... No idea. It's a bit 'clunky' to say the least.

Cheers