Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Indictor lens on wing mirror

Guys..

my wing mirror took a small bashing from an inconsiderate BMW driver who refused to keep to his side of the road and smashed the lens parts of my wing mirror indictor light..

the bulb/led is not damaged but the glass is in pieces. My question, is the lens part available from Lexus before I ask them tomorrow? 

And looking on eBay did the wing mirror lens/indictor in particular change in design of style as looking at a 2009 model compared to my 2010 it looks slightly different? 

Is everything detachable from the lens to bulb or maybe a whole unit?

thank you 

5 hours ago, lex28 said:

When you say the whole light is that the housing too? As I just need the glass part of the indictor 

thank you for the diagram much appre

The light is sold as a complete unit as shown.

• Like 1

OE lens part from the dealer is ~£261.06 + VAT exactly, I know because I quoted few weeks ago. As my car is 2008, the housing is slightly different and they quoted £293.34 + VAT.. all in all £665.28 with VAT for parts. The glass should be same for you, but the remaining housing is slightly different and slightly more expensive ~£50, the light ~£80.

My questions is - if the force was such that it punch the light out of the mirror why you thing housing is still intact - what are the guarantees that something won't fail in housing few months later? In short I would go for whole unit replacement (assuming BMW driver is paying). Otherwise, I would probably still go for whole unit from breakers. 

The actually wing mirror is fine and so is the glass and is moving fine with the controls.  

definetly doesn't need a complete replacement. Just need to open it all up and see what parts are detachable insides from the lens itself. The bulb is fine just the outer glass. 

Unfortunely I don't think I will find many ultra sonic blue is2** in scrap! 

That is fair point re-colour. I though the when you say glass is in pieces you meant the mirror glass not merely the indicator glass... I could not properly read sorry. In which case yes - indicator is sub-unit for ~£70-80 as per @steve2006 post.

5 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

That is fair point re-colour. I though the when you say glass is in pieces you meant the mirror glass not merely the indicator glass... I could not properly read sorry. In which case yes - indicator is sub-unit for ~£70-80 as per @steve2006 post.

Haha no worries..I can live with £70-£80. BMW driver didn't stop and I didn't think much to it as his mirror went flying and mine didn't even move, only to get home and take a look and see the glass broken! 

Upwards and onwards...thanks all for you're input, especially @steve2006 for the diagram. cheers 

part ordered today from Lexus Leicester at £68. Thanks guys for the diagram and help gave me an idea I'm not being ripped off!

but then when I asked how much for labour as I don't trust myself with removing the glass from the wing mirror he said £89+VAT!!  Seriously it's a 10 min job!!! 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links