Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How many NX200T owners on here?

Interested to know how many have got an NX200T. Also interested in knowing how the car is in terms of economy, performance and refinement please. I had an IS200T before my NX300h and based on my experiences with this one I would think an NX200T would make a nice car. I'm also wondering what the traction is like because I guess these are front wheel drive only given no electric motors on the rear axle. Seen a lot of nearly new RX200T for sale but NX200Ts are like hen's teeth

7 hours ago, paulrnx said:

Interested to know how many have got an NX200T. Also interested in knowing how the car is in terms of economy, performance and refinement please. I had an IS200T before my NX300h and based on my experiences with this one I would think an NX200T would make a nice car. I'm also wondering what the traction is like because I guess these are front wheel drive only given no electric motors on the rear axle. Seen a lot of nearly new RX200T for sale but NX200Ts are like hen's teeth

The NX200T actually has better traction as its properly 4wd with a locking system rather than independent axles like the 300h

Can't imagine economy being much worse than an IS200T maybe 5mpg overall

Thanks. I'll be test driving one as soon as I can get to a dealership to try one out. I was going to test drive one a while back but convinced myself I'd keep the hybrid. It will go once I can work out what to have next

• 1 month later...

I have a 200T F Sport and its thirsty.

Around 19 mpg in start stop local traffic and then up to 21 mpg for local driving where you are not in traffic and 34.5 best motorway mpg I can get. 

Having driven the hybrid and the turbo, there is a noticeable difference with the turbo, a lot quicker.

Its AWD with the ability to switch it to 4WD manually up to 27mph.  Most of the time, doing the work run or the school run, going to the shops or running about, FWD is perfectly fine.  If you put it in to sport or sport+ and pull off hard with a lot of revs you can get a little torque steer.

As for traction, it depends on what tyres you put on the car and how worn they are, and also how you drive the car.  I have driven on snow and ice and the car had no issues, though I was being cautious.  The car is 2 tonnes so you do need decent winter tyres to keep a good grip.

I have had my 200t sport for three years and its a great car, the best of the 3 previous Lexus models I have had, the acceleration when in sport mode is excellent & hard to beat,  the ride is a bit firmer than the hybrid though, I don't do a big mileage so economy is not a problem, but get about 28/30 on a long run, I will be trading it in when its three years old in May and hope it has held its price well, I see used ones with a 15 plate and low mileage (28K) go for £26/7K but I would be happy if I get £22k back  mine is White/black and looks good