Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi!

I have a 2007 IS250 with Halogen bulbs and I find the dipped beam poor, at best! I've heard very good things about OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED H11, halogen-headlamp bulb, and I wonder if anybody knows whether I can simply put them in.  I checked with a dealer and they said they thought I could but didn't know if it might knacker the wiring in the headlight unit.  Is this them just covering their backside I wonder?! Trouble is I don't want to take the risk of having to replace both headlight units if it goes wrong.

So I ask:

1. The reviews on these bulbs are brilliant but are they accurate?

2. Has anyone fitted them and, if so, any problems?

THanks in advance for your help! 

I've had them previously in the dips and I've got Nightbreaker Unlimited in my main beams now. The reviews are probably accurate but a lot depends on the actual design of the light unit, so what is brilliant in one car may well not be in another.

You can certainly fit them with no problems - they are just a direct replacement and don't use any more current than normal bulbs - but they won't transform your dip beams much - I reckon mine improved from 'fairly poor' to 'somewhat less than adequate'. Since you can fit HID bulbs in the dip beams fairly easily (though a little more work is involved) i would recommend them, even if they are technically illegal - I've had them in for a couple of years and two MoT tests with no problems. They certainly make the dips adequate (though not wonderful)

HID bulbs work in the projector beam dips but they should not be used in the mains - they need halogen bulbs and Nightbreaker Unlimited (HB3 pattern) are probably the best you can get.

• Like 1

Agree with John totally. I had Nightbreakers in my previous IS220D /2007 and they made inadequate lighting at least satisfactory and caused no issues in any way.  HID is the way to go but a wee bit more work,time and money so NightBreakers are a good bet for your car and cost effective.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links