Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Parking Sensors?

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/12/2017 at 10:22 PM, ST100 said:

Hi Mark , hope these help can take more if you like 

Steve20171211_214533_resized.thumb.jpg.150629432fa4247b2c33f845d32ccb0e.jpg

Hi ST100, car booked in for the end of the month so pictures will follow but what was really funny was that they contacted the guys in Bristol that fitted yours and then shared a picture of what looked like your car!!  Looks like the way yours have been fitted is the way to go!  As I said pictures to follow once all done at the end of the month.

Hi 

Here is I pic of my front ones which are factory fitted on my f sport. If you zoom in you can see the one integrated in the front grill which is the issue they were telling you about. Hopefully you will be pleased with the solution you've found 

Cheers

Carl

20171026_151503.jpg

20 hours ago, Carl1983 said:

Hi 

Here is I pic of my front ones which are factory fitted on my f sport. If you zoom in you can see the one integrated in the front grill which is the issue they were telling you about. Hopefully you will be pleased with the solution you've found 

Cheers

Carl

20171026_151503.jpg

Thanks Carl.. I did look at that option but the replacement grill was £500 plus and didn't include the parking sensors! MY17 models do not have it included except the top of the range model!  Which is why i have had to go for a retro fit..... still costing me £649.00 but I am confident they will do a good job and they will be canbus controlled too, so no little switch to annoy the he'll out of my OCD! 😂😂😂😂

Hi Mark

Glad the info helped , my front ones are speed controlled , active when stopped or below 5mph , they turn off (light on switch goes out ) automaticaly above this speed. The switch only turns them off briefly , like if you start the car and your detecting another parked car you can turn them off manually , but they become active again when the car moves off . To be honest i have only just worked out how they work , didnt take much notice until your posts about them.They must be canbus controlled to work like this 😁😁

Cheers Steve 

20 minutes ago, ST100 said:

Hi Mark

Glad the info helped , my front ones are speed controlled , active when stopped or below 5mph , they turn off (light on switch goes out ) automaticaly above this speed. The switch only turns them off briefly , like if you start the car and your detecting another parked car you can turn them off manually , but they become active again when the car moves off . To be honest i have only just worked out how they work , didnt take much notice until your posts about them.They must be canbus controlled to work like this 😁😁

Cheers Steve 

Well that's good news then Steve!  Looking forward to getting the work done now as I have realised that I really do miss them on the front!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again people.  Well after much hunting I finally got the front sensors fitted, all canbus controlled so no switch, just live at below 5 mph.  Great job done at John Kleis and a special mention to Connor who made it happen!  First of a kind for them and they had to buy stuff in for programming so if you are local to Reading, Berkshire then give him a call.

IMG_20180126_145039_resized_20180126_025101382.jpg

IMG_20180126_145019_resized_20180126_025132199.jpg

IMG_20180126_145026_resized_20180126_025131149.jpg

They'e done a great job but the centre 2 are in the wrong place. Why didn't they fit the front facing sensors in the grill where they are as standard fitment ?

Hi Mr Vlad.  If you want to spend an additional £600 on the grill with the sensor placements then go ahead buddy!  The Advance model does not come with front sensors, only the top of the range IS now has front parking sensors!  If the grill had the places then it would have been a much easier job.

16 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

They'e done a great job but the centre 2 are in the wrong place. Why didn't they fit the front facing sensors in the grill where they are as standard fitment ?

You'd have to drill the plastic grill - nightmare in itself.

Then you'd have to colour match it, another nightmare as its not got a colour code.

But I agree, the sensors look factory and are in a suitable place as not to impinge too much on coverage

They seem to work really well, giving you about 10 inches in the front before you get the constant tone.  There is a very small blind spot right in front of the number plate which is about 2 inches wide, so a post maybe......

Can't really help here, but have to say my 2015 IS300h Advance had both front and rear sensors fitted as standard, so changing the grille design seems a case of style over substance, and a backwards step.

Just now, baxlin said:

Can't really help here, but have to say my 2015 IS300h Advance had both front and rear sensors fitted as standard, so changing the grille design seems a case of style over substance, and a backwards step.

My is300h advance my17 did not have front or rear sensors as standard, therefore this was my best option.

Baxlin does your car have the same grill as Chunky's? 

After a deeper look at the advance grill posted then on that grill there isn't a place to put a sensor unless a made to fit sensor fitment was fabricated which would be a helluva expense. 

As I stated Chunky. They did a great job and if there's only an inch or two blind spot then that's brilliant. The sensors fitted to your car must be better than lexus ones.

I have front and back and camera on my premier premium. 

7 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Baxlin does your car have the same grill as Chunky's? 

After a deeper look at the advance grill posted then on that grill there isn't a place to put a sensor unless a made to fit sensor fitment was fabricated which would be a helluva expense. 

As I stated Chunky. They did a great job and if there's only an inch or two blind spot then that's brilliant. The sensors fitted to your car must be better than lexus ones.

I have front and back and camera on my premier premium. 

@baxlin had the pre-facelift IS. These came with a different grill and the parking sensors were built into them as the pre-facelift Advance Spec had parking sensors fitted from factory as standard 

The facelift Advance does not have factory fitted parking sensors, I would presume because it means that the Luxury model doesn't get any buyers otherwise

The facelifted Premier has the same grill as an Advance but has built in sensors. Its a completely separate grill though so the whole piece would need to be bought