Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interior door handle fault

Hi

I don't know if any of you have experienced this problem yet. I have a Lexus IS250 2006 model which i purchased from new.  I went to open the door and it seems like the mechanism inside the door has given way. I can still open the door from the inside but just that door is not always locking with the key and the outside sensor on the handle has also stopped working. I dread to think how much it will cost to repair. If someone has had this fault and had it repaired can you please let me know how much it cost?   Thanks.

It was only a couple of weeks ago it cost me £380.00 for a new water pump.

TIP;   As mentioned my car is eleven years old and black. It was looking rather dull, some panels worse than others.  I purchased a Turtle black box which consists of pre-wax, spray and polish with clothes.  It is amazing, after two days of hard work it looks like a new car.  Money well spent.

CIMG3913.JPG

I suspect a cable has popped off the back of the handle.

If you could remove the door card (there must be a guide online somewhere) then you could check and pop it back on (hopefully).

If you are concerned about cost, then get a reputable local indi to look into it for you.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

update: found this pictorial guide for an LS that should be a good start for yours (it looks very similar to other cars I've worked on) 

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/575041-diy-door-inner-handle-lock-cable-repair-2001-ls430.html

agree, worth a look, could be somehting obvious, if not, chances are a part you can get from a breakers yard for not much.

removing the door card is pretty straightforward, just need to take it slow .. 

I have some instructions ... if you want them, let me know and I'll email

IIRC then there are Two cables going from door card handle to door itself and when I removed my door card to fit my PO-40 mirror folding module I used these chaps to prevent any scars from large flat screwdrivers for example.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12PCS-Plastic-Car-Radio-Door-Clip-Panel-Trim-Dash-Audio-Removal-Pry-Kit-Tool-Set/222033601610?hash=item33b23be44a:g:MOwAAOSw1LNZ3cpW

also just found this on YooToob

paul m.