Any is220d 06 owners, that the plastic console around gearstick are always sound like cracking.. just the plastic moving or ????

I sometimes notice a clicking sound coming out of that area.

My solution is to simply turn the stereo up. :smile:

I don't really know since I haven't bothered investigating what is happening.

To be honest, my car has reached the stage where it is make all sorts of squeaks and rattles, so it is not really worth trying to chase them all down.  After almost 10 years and 135k miles, I would expect it to make some noise.  Although, having said that, I do need to put some silicon grease on my door seals as that seems to sort out the most annoying ones.

My is220 is 06 car with 55000miles on it all genuine and recorded, i have had loads and loads of cars, from sti impreza to e220 to 525d beemer, and to be honest tje lexus is the best 

I had a nightmare with mine, dealer wasn't interested, so I had a look (all pulls appart easily) ... I found a piece of thick felt padding had come away.   Insead I bought some sticky felt tape on ebay and worked around the offending area .. not had a problem since.

i also put the same tape around the switched in the door, again no problem with those since