Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2 more potential LS430’s

6 hours ago, Chasdad said:

20% vat 10 % tax unfortunately.

Thats bad on used cars, just same as new. A few weeks ago I brought up the factor of customs duty & other customs peripheries on here as regards importing 'cheaper' spare US parts, no one ever mentions the customs duty & whatever else has to be paid to the shipping agents this end. 

It’s not easy with a DIY import, lots of paperwork obviously including english translation of Japanese documents like the deresgistration certificate.

You also have to insure the car using just the chassis number and then take it for the MOT (not sure about type approval as I think this has changed from the old system). The cost of UK registration with the DVSA and of course new number plates.

I bought mine with all this done, the price paid at £3750.00 was probably double the initial sale price in Japan but having now owned it for 11 years it was still a bargain and hopefully still has yet more years of use in it.

Another thing to be wary of with JDM imports is irradiated and previously flooded vehicles from the Tsunami hit regions.

9 minutes ago, ambermarine said:

Steve

That will be a unique feature on a English based jap import, irradiation ,does it glow in the dark?

Just check the paint code....if it is U239 Plutonium Dark Blue avoid it.

CC607918-F98E-451E-9837-DE0B81FA1335.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Very nice 2003 Toyota Crown Majesta here  in London with 70k miles (equivalent to the LS430 in the Crown line-up, but with the older 4 litre engine and 5 speed auto, which might be an advantage if it doesn't have the transmission/coolant issues.) More features than the LS430, too, with a heads up display and a few other bits and pieces:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201712282302135?make=TOYOTA&model=CROWN&logcode=p

It is not far from me so I would be happy to take a look for someone on here who is interested. They are lovely cars and have more leg room in the rear than the LS430 due to a different petrol tank arrangement. 

20 minutes ago, Newbie1 said:

Very nice 2003 Toyota Crown Majesta here  in London with 70k miles

Looks & sounds like a very interesting car, especially with those unusual bells & whistles, should get at least another 400k miles. Taking into account used LS prices have gone up quite a bit over these past few years this one falls in to the 'bargain' catagory at 3.5k

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Newbie1 said:

Very nice 2003 Toyota Crown Majesta here  in London with 70k miles (equivalent to the LS430 in the Crown line-up, but with the older 4 litre engine and 5 speed auto, which might be an advantage if it doesn't have the transmission/coolant issues.) More features than the LS430, too, with a heads up display and a few other bits and pieces:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201712282302135?make=TOYOTA&model=CROWN&logcode=p

It is not far from me so I would be happy to take a look for someone on here who is interested. They are lovely cars and have more leg room in the rear than the LS430 due to a different petrol tank arrangement. 

Is this a good deal? Very low miles !

https://www.goodmayesmotors.co.uk/used-cars/7968143-lexus-ls-430-toyota-celsior-4.3-vvt-i/

Looks to be a very good deal. Been there a while so you could knock them down. I have inspected a Soarer there and it was immaculate. Thoroughly professional outfit from what I could see. Pity the Celsior comes with leather and not the much nicer wool trim. Just with those low miles I would want a good look down the oil filler cap to see if any sludge is present...

Edited to add: have a look at the boot shut line when viewed from the  rear right-looks a bit out of line to me. I would want to see the Japanese auction paper to see if this is a repaired vehicle.

41 minutes ago, Newbie1 said:

I love it!  If money was no object that would be in my motoring arsenal!

It is great, isn't it? Based on the same platform as the GS and probably the world's longest running car model along with the Corvette! Until 1989 they were still building them with body on ladder frame. Unfortunately, my wife does not like the look of it at all so I will be saving for the Celsior...

Sorry it does not appeal to me ,it looks like a cross between the old crown majestica and the Lexus ls400 neither one or the other.

The engine is the same as the Mark 4 Ls400 but as a bigger engine bay .

From a luxury set up it is better inside, would probably make a good wedding car.

17 minutes ago, ambermarine said:

That makes it very interesting, but, I already got an 400 which I'm satisfied with.

17 minutes ago, ambermarine said:

From a luxury set up it is better inside, would probably make a good wedding car.

Ahhhh.......guess who in the NW does weddings:yes:

33 minutes ago, ambermarine said:

Sorry it does not appeal to me ,it looks like a cross between the old crown majestica and the Lexus ls400 neither one or the other.

So there won't be pistols at dawn as you and me fight for it?!!

52 minutes ago, ambermarine said:

I suspect the white two-tone is affecting the sale. Better looking in a darker colour.

toyota_crownmajesta_1024x768_4.jpg

• Like 1

Quote: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201712282302135?make=TOYOTA&model=CROWN&logcode=p It is not far from me so I would be happy to take a look for someone on here who is interested.

Its price has already been dropped by £400

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/list/99/crown majesta/

i imported an elgrand last year using an agent. i dealt with the paperwork this end and used a agent here for the customs clearance . its easy.

as for worrying about getting a car with nuclear fallout or whatever. for 24 you can do a cheque that puts a hpi check to shame.

I'm deciding whether i want a celsior a crown, or the jap sc430  version or maybe a cubic at the moment

26 minutes ago, mrdoofa said:

It’s gone slightly off what I started it with lol!!!

Are you still insistent on a 430 or have you opened to a 400?

NOTE, Sat - there might be something wrong on DVLA history check, it's got something comes up about ''minor parts failure'' on all cars