Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2 more potential LS430’s

25 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

A pre facelift LS430 can never be worth more than 2.5k regardless of what eBay prices are

You missed my point, I never mentioned and would never mention what they are worth, my comments were directed specifically at the asking prices, which reflect professional sellers expectations & maybe expeience of they are bringing give or take & 100 quid bargaining quibble. 

A professional seller is dealing with several variables to make a regular income which an individual selling a car is not, not least a seller is mainly interested in what can get for any car in fairly short time frame, then get another car in the same space to continue 'turnover'.

3 hours ago, dendonc said:

You missed my point, I never mentioned and would never mention what they are worth, my comments were directed specifically at the asking prices, which reflect professional sellers expectations & maybe expeience of they are bringing give or take & 100 quid bargaining quibble. 

A professional seller is dealing with several variables to make a regular income which an individual selling a car is not, not least a seller is mainly interested in what can get for any car in fairly short time frame, then get another car in the same space to continue 'turnover'.

Dealers are mostly chancers rather than professional sellers.  Many have little knowledge of these cars.  They get what they consider to be a great limo and price it according to their perception of a customer's response.  A few may fall for it but most buyers of these ageing Lexus models know the value which is why many private sales go through fairly quickly but lots of dealers get stuck with them until they see sense and lower the price.  Some have been on eBay for months.  Asking prices mean very little.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

The asking price is merely an invitation to treat Den (as I think you know), it is not the sellers expectation, etc.

I think that Phil is much closer to the mark. 

Someone knows his law.

• Like 1

Apart from the 6 speed gearbox and slightly revised styling what other benefits is there to buying a facelift LS430 over a prefacelift model?

Also, do you feel much benefit from the 6 speed box in terms of performance or economy? 

8 hours ago, mrdoofa said:

Apart from the 6 speed gearbox and slightly revised styling what other benefits is there to buying a facelift LS430 over a prefacelift model?

Also, do you feel much benefit from the 6 speed box in terms of performance or economy? 

You may get a reversing camera and adaptive cruise control.  I don't know how much fuel economy will improve, but the fact that I recently managed 36.5 mpg on a drive up to Yorkshire, I wouldn't think it would make much difference.  

You can get 36.5 or a little more on the 5 speed gearbox too. 

The only difference between facelift and earlier ones are obviously the styling and 6 speed gearbox and reverse camera. 

53 minutes ago, messi said:

You can get 36.5 or a little more on the 5 speed gearbox too. 

The only difference between facelift and earlier ones are obviously the styling and 6 speed gearbox and reverse camera. 

Mine is the five speed box.  

56 minutes ago, mrdoofa said:

36.5mpg!!! That’s impressive. Was that mainly on cruise control? 

It was on cc at times but I wasn't in a rush.  I averaged between 65 & 70 mph without any traffic delays.  It is the best I've managed in nearly two years of ownership, it's also the longest journey I've made in it.

2 minutes ago, mrdoofa said:

I read somewhere, it might’ve been on a US forum that the heated and cooled seats were improved on the facelift, is this the case?

I've heard that as well.  The seat filters rarely get changed which may or may not help.  I find mine to be OK.

2 hours ago, mrdoofa said:

On my last LS430 which was a 2002 model the heated and cooled seats were virtually useless!!! They may have just not been good on that particular car.

Did you ever check the filters?  It's a long time for them to be in the seat it not.

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

Did you ever check the filters?  It's a long time for them to be in the seat it not.

No I didn’t, is that an easy job to do?

Just spotted this nice looking mk4 LS400 on autotrader, is £3,000 too much for it though?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710240600566?model=LS 400&sort=sponsored&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1501&make=LEXUS&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&postcode=ls211dg&page=1

As far as price goes I know by what I see that they have gone up quite a lot since 2008 when I bought by first LS400 and 2011 when I bought this ( below 1k, ebay). The most I can comment on as regards price is whilst it's available its there for the buying, when its gone its gone, case of make a choice & take a chance.

The car looks immaculate & very low mileage, can't say anything more or less about it.

2 hours ago, mrdoofa said:

You pull out and remove the under seat storage tray and it's then accessible, easy enough. Same colour as my last LS400.  Worrying the way they say "clean" example!

• Like 1

That was old Baz ls400.  The trader had it up for  £3999 and looks like he's dropped the price down as it's been sitting there a while. Probably worth around £2000 but the dealer is trying his luck.

It’s still a bit pricey for an LS400 even though it does look in very good condition. It might come down further yet or the dealer maybe open to an offer. It’s not far away so might go and have a look at it this week.

Id still really like an LS430 but I am still concerned about the potential problems with them!!! There is far less to go wrong with the LS400. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.

2 minutes ago, mrdoofa said:

It’s still a bit pricey for an LS400 even though it does look in very good condition. It might come down further yet or the dealer maybe open to an offer. It’s not far away so might go and have a look at it this week.

Id still really like an LS430 but I am still concerned about the potential problems with them!!! There is far less to go wrong with the LS400. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.

I went back to an LS400 after a 430, it did feel much more dated I have to say.

Martin

I had the same issue when I was looking for a replacement for the Mark 1 but I chose to go down the trusted route after looking at the 430 and the 460 .

There were too many ifs and buts with the alternatives and although the 400 had issues on the early series they seemed to have been sorted by the time the series 4 arrived. 

It looks like that mk4 LS400 has sold, I have found another prefacelift LS430 however, 75,000 miles, says it’s immaculate. It’s about 100 miles away so I don’t think I’ll get to it this side of Christmas now, here’s the link.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201712152075341?onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&sort=sponsored&model=LS 430&postcode=ls211dg&advertising-location=at_cars&make=LEXUS&radius=1501&page=1

Martin

Despite my earlier comments this is a very nice example and as been well looked after at that price it is a no brainer if this is the model you are looking for.

If you can't get to see it before xmas it will probably have gone when you can get there .

Going to see it will not be any different to seeing it on the screen in terms of cosmetics.

Put a deposit on it .

1 hour ago, ambermarine said:

Despite my earlier comments this is a very nice example and as been well looked after at that price it is a no brainer if this is the model you are looking for.

If you can't get to see it before xmas it will probably have gone when you can get there .

Going to see it will not be any different to seeing it on the screen in terms of cosmetics.

Put a deposit on it

Same as that post  but added, those of us (me) who are non mechanically literate can only know that it looks a great car & in the 'as good as your likely to get' bracket.

If it were me I'd be down today (65 mile round trip) to look at it or, as above, deposit to secure, after all, it could be standing there for months or gone by the time I've posted this, as you've already found out! I note, he says it's just arrived, why wait? >if I were on the 'buy'< it would 'probably be gone by lunchtime & you don't know who watches forums such as this & not post & who might be 'in there', after all, it looks immaculate!.

I’ll give the dealer a ring as it doesn’t state what service history etc the car has and I want to know everything works before I view it or leave a deposit as they are usually none refundable, I’ve got to stay in today waiting for a parcel delivery for Christmas!!! I was ideally looking for a facelift one but would have an absolutely cracking prefacelift one!!!

I’m just being ultra careful after my last LS430 went disastrously wrong!!!