Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking about replacing the ISF

For this, well not this one but i'd prefer a 6 speed manual.

Dunno though, as much as i love the ISF i've fancied a proper landcruiser for a while. The HJZ's are too hard to find in RHD but the FJ's come up a little more often and i quite like the look of them especially with some ARB bumpers all round / snorkel and a winch lol.

https://www.prestigecarsltd.com/toyota-fj-cruiser-4.0-v6-auto-4x4-suv-right-hand-drive-in-sunningdale-surrey-6197735

Maybe need to just get the ISF out to knockhill for a track day and revitalise my interest but i'm getting the itch to change lol.

• Like 1

I like it in a "I like it because most people will hate it" way.

I'd imagine the lack of acceleration and handling will wear pretty thin pretty fast given what you are coming from.

It's cool like a well tricked up Nissan Cube is cool. I'm not sure it'll win any beauty contests though.

I'm sat on the fence on this one.

• Like 1

@NothernDan lol mate that's how i see it as well, most folk will hate it. As for performance the handling will be boat like but acceleration isn't too bad in the mid 6 secs to 60. the 4.0 litre petrol should mean i don't see much difference in MPG lol.

I kinda miss my Rx for being able to throw the bikes and stuff in the back and head off but i like the thought of being able to stretch this things legs on a proper off road course.

Opinions are what make life interesting, of everyone drive an ISF then I probably wouldn't want one 

As for the land cruiser, if everyone had taste then things would be boring too I suppose!!lol

• Like 1

@mike m To go from a vehicle with high level of reliability to one of these, though fully accepting your reason for a change is IMO bonkers matey, the reliability is nothing short of shocking even a quick google will put you off it before you can get to the bottom of the page.

The repair costs for the kind of issues they suffer with and there are many are astronomical, get that isF to knock hill quickly 😂

So now that I've rained on your parade look at this guy's vids in his isF at knockhill he's on his second isF he's not a member, on here hopefully it'll 'relight your fire ' Oh and the first one is the same 'exercising the IsF in the South of France 

Enjoy and stay with us 👍

Big Rat

• Like 2

@Big Rat auto box torque converter and gearboxes are the biggest faults and windscreens being rock magnets. Early ones have inner wing cracking faults and rear diff issues. Most of these were fixed in the 2010 onwards models and a manual box cures the auto issues lol. It's a Toyota after all how bad can it be? Don't mention Mk iii supra's lol

I'd seen the video at knockhill before but always a pleasure to watch. :thumbup1:

Not planning on doing anything really until mine is motd and serviced in April so I'm wanting round knockhill before that. Been looking at trackday insurance and stuff. 99 quid for four hours round the track. Hope a petrol station is close lol.

• Like 1

@mike m it's such a shame the more conventional 4x4 by Toyota are not available in choice of numbers, I had this dilemma some years back and bought a long wheelbase Nissan Patrol to pull my twin axle trailer and mini digger they were a good car very capable but no 6 pot engine here.

IMG_0596.JPG.98941576df740c1fb76c52090e007e3d.JPG

I switched to Nissan Navaras after this, would you consider Nissan on the basis there's more choice ?

Big Rat

• Like 1

I'd looked at the patrols ages ago when looking at landcruiser Amazon's. You get alot of car for you money compared to the landcruiser but they are all diesels.

I refuse to own a diesel so it limits my choice here in the uk. I love the landcruiser 200 series but hate the fact it's diesel only and the 5.7 V8 petrol isn't offered. Right hand drive 105 series don't come up often either.

I am really fussy though and like unusual cars.

@mike mI agree with you with the diesel aspect, I use Transits now and you have no choice, bought a diesel car once BMW M535d hated it sold it after 4 months, I understand that Vw will be pitting 2.0Turbo Petrols in some of their T vans next year, maybe some manufacturer will follow with Petrol replacements for some of their range as time goes on.

Well until we're all electrfied or driverless which ever comes first 😂

Big Rat

• Like 1

I love the old fj40s as well especially the troop carrier style I saw for sale last year from Oz. 

Really I could maybe opt for one of these newer forerunners and keep the ISF. 

The beast aka my trusty t sport Yaris would have to go instead :crybaby:

toyota_4runner_591182.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mike m said:

I love the old fj40s as well especially the troop carrier style I saw for sale last year from Oz. 

Really I could maybe opt for one of these newer forerunners and keep the ISF. 

The beast aka my trusty t sport Yaris would have to go instead :crybaby:

toyota_4runner_591182.jpg

@mike m I like the look of that the Yaris well that’s the one who kept throwing you at The mercy of the speed police 👮‍♀️ 

🐀

• Haha 1

Stick with the F, just my 2p worth. 

Funny to see the link you posted is the same garage where I bought my F almost 4yrs ago! Small world!! :wink3:

Literally just got back from a trip to LA yesterday. Saw these a lot over there, but I get the appeal, just think that would wear off pretty quickly when your shelling out the same on fuel for a barge like driving experience. :lol:

Each to their own obviously, but think you’d regret parting with your F. Almost everyone does it would seem, one guy in the US has come back 3/4 times! Lol.

Cheers.

Pete

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mike m said:

@Peter P18 Yeah i should maybe learn from selling my Mkiv supra in 2010. Silly decision :rolleyes:

@Big Rat you wouldn't believe the trouble that yaris can get you into mate :biggrin: It mostly gets bullied by vans as well lol

Hey Mike,

Indeed, made the same mistake myself when I sold my UK spec with a nice small single conversion! :wallbash:

Would be worth a small fortune in comparison to what I got for it nowadays! You live and learn I guess! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Every winter I think about selling my bike. Then I ride it in summer and think no-way. Not until I can't get on it!

Is it a winter thing when we can't get much out of the ownership?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Peter P18 said:

Indeed, made the same mistake myself when I sold my UK spec with a nice small single conversion! :wallbash:

But on the plus side, at least you are not like me with too many cars moving them around all the time :laugh:

(first world problem above :-D) 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Every winter I think about selling my bike. Then I ride it in summer and think no-way. Not until I can't get on it!

Is it a winter thing when we can't get much out of the ownership?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

There is something to be said for 'Winter blues' when it comes to these things I reckon.

I'm chomping at the bit to get mine out to enjoy the new supercharger setup, but the cold weather is a real fun killer in that respect! :wallbash:

I'm sure it will be worth the wait, but do see why people lose interest or think about selling up.

A few years back I bought a Navara because I thought it would be useful with snow etc, that's fine, but in reality how many snow days do we get each year?! Not many!

Don't buy a car for the wrong reasons, don't sell a car on a whim, you only live to regret it I find.

• Like 5