Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A few of us have recently taken delivery (thanks @PeteP18) of the modestly titled ultimate steering response system:

https://www.rr-racing.com/v/mobile/product.asp?productid=isfxlca001

I've had mine on for about a week. It cost £100 to get fitted and the results are instant. I've not driven it hard yet but in daily driving the steering seems a lot smoother and more consistent. 

Ride comfort is roughly the same although sharp ridges and pot holes do thump through the dashboard, especially on high mileage examples like mine 😔

I'll post again once I've done some proper drives with it but if you have one fitted please leave your thoughts below!

• Like 1

@Rusty Crobar I’ve read on some other forums that the ‘firmness’ can be felt once you’ve had the opportunity to ‘Thrap the T....’ off her 😂

Please report back there’s always a trade off I guess, did you return the tyre pressures to normal ?

🐀

19 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Rusty Crobar I’ve read on some other forums that the ‘firmness’ can be felt once you’ve had the opportunity to ‘Thrap the T....’ off her 😂

Please report back there’s always a trade off I guess, did you return the tyre pressures to normal ?

🐀

No, still running high pressures all round. I'll have a play about with pressures once I've got used to it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rusty Crobar said:

A few of us have recently taken delivery (thanks @PeteP18) of the modestly titled ultimate steering response system:

https://www.rr-racing.com/v/mobile/product.asp?productid=isfxlca001

I've had mine on for about a week. It cost £100 to get fitted and the results are instant. I've not driven it hard yet but in daily driving the steering seems a lot smoother and more consistent. 

Ride comfort is roughly the same although sharp ridges and pot holes do thump through the dashboard, especially on high mileage examples like mine 😔

I'll post again once I've done some proper drives with it but if you have one fitted please leave your thoughts below!

Thats good to hear. Going to get mine on in the new year at some point.looking forward to it 👍🏻

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

USRS fitted today! Pretty darn easy job to do. Would recommend a ramp and a spare pair of hands though.
First impressions are good. Front end is noticeably firmer. Similar to running slightly higher tyre pressures.
Seems I can feel the road surface a lot better as a result. Quite difficult to describe, but it makes the whole front end just seem tighter.
Car drives perfectly relaxed still. Very pleased. Will be monitoring tyre wear hoping for an improvement to the inner edge!

20171229_122300.jpg

• Like 4

I'm trying different pressures based on how they're wearing.
Started off with 36psi all round as per manual. Ran that for 3000 miles. Then I bumped fronts a few psi as they were wearing more on the outside and inside compared with middle.
Think I will leave it at that for the time being. If the middle starts to wear more on the front now I've got the USRS, I will lower the pressures again.
Rears show most wear on inner, graduating to least on the outer. So not sure what to do about that. Best guess is they're wearing to the camber and will wear more evenly from now on.

• Like 1

@Toothy David watching with interest, I noticed my inners wearing a bit at 39 k increased pressures at front to 47 and rear to 44, although rear never an issue tyres now 2.5 years old and covered 23 k in total.

Rears 5mm across full breadth.

Fronts 4mm across full breadth except innermost 3mm.

AND for  me most interesting the fronts have not worn on the inners now for the last 6k miles, since increasing the pressures.

No discernible loss of ride quality or handling in wet or dry, and slightly better steering feel especially on turn in .

So for me going to stick with standard..... for now.

🐀

• 3 months later...

Got my bushes fitted this morning and geometry checked. Many thanks to Pete for supplying and the guys at SRD for fitting. As described above it's noticeable straight away. The vague steering feel when pushing on has gone. Steering feels very precise . Can't wait to get s few more miles on them. 

20180416_111658.jpg

• Like 2

Had mine fitted about 2 weeks ago too!

Bearing in mind I am lowered 25mm at the front on Tein H-Tech springs (which actually made the ride a little softer than stock) and have 15mm H&R spacers each side.

In my opinion the car now feels (comfort wise) like it did stock but with a much more positive steering response and far less vagueness when you turn in hard.

With the springs and the USRS it's no firmer than it was stock, it looks better and handles like my old R32 Golf used to. I'm impressed.

I was just starting to notice a little inner tyre wear on the fronts after 15,000 miles in a little under a year of ownership so hopefully that should will no longer be an issue now.

Keep toying with the idea of putting a set of lightweight 18's on the car having just gone down an inch on the Mrs' Cooper S and saw a huge improvement in overall comfort levels in that car. Anyone running 18's?

7 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Had mine fitted about 2 weeks ago too!

Bearing in mind I am lowered 25mm at the front on Tein H-Tech springs (which actually made the ride a little softer than stock) and have 15mm H&R spacers each side.

In my opinion the car now feels (comfort wise) like it did stock but with a much more positive steering response and far less vagueness when you turn in hard.

With the springs and the USRS it's no firmer than it was stock, it looks better and handles like my old R32 Golf used to. I'm impressed.

I was just starting to notice a little inner tyre wear on the fronts after 15,000 miles in a little under a year of ownership so hopefully that should will no longer be an issue now.

Keep toying with the idea of putting a set of lightweight 18's on the car having just gone down an inch on the Mrs' Cooper S and saw a huge improvement in overall comfort levels in that car. Anyone running 18's?

Would you be able to fit 18’s on the front and maintain caliper  clearance?

just looking at mine they may go!

I believe so, there was someone on the US facebook group that was sold an F with 18" lexus wheels on.
It looked terrible by the way. Very under-wheeled. Possibly be OK if you put larger side walled tyres on.